• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Final Discussion

jondavluc

State Regular
why should they ?

One of them cheated in this very tournament and the other has two chuckers, malinga and murali.

By the way, i am glad that india is out of the tournament :) but really sad that england is out as well. Perhaps they should have replaced shaw with napier and they should seriously look for a replacement for bopara. Honestly, he is a liability with anchor players like pieterson and colly in the side. Perhaps another big hitter would be good
He is so

Banned

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
one of them cheated in this very tournament and the other has two chuckers, malinga and murali.
I'll accept that there has been doubt over Murali's action, and I realise that, no matter what he's done, he'll always be a chucker in some people's eye.

Malinga, however, is another matter. Do you not find it odd that no serious cricket commentator or writer has questioned his action?

Seriously, next time you're out in the garden, try emulating his action with a straight arm. You'll find that you're pinging the ball all over the place. Now try it with a bent/bending elbow. You'll have no chance -- that slingy action just does not lend itself to a bent arm, at any kind of pace.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
With my limited knowledge of Biomechanics in bowling, I'd assume that Malinga is probably the least likely bowler to chuck the ball, given him action.

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think SA will do it. The chokers lable only appears to be brought up by jealous loosers to comfort themselfes. Ah well...

They look a balanced and focused outfit as well as a homogenic unit. It will take something really special to bump them out. That is possible, of course, and in T20 cricket more than in any other form, but I would be surprised not to see them in the final. They'll probably play SL, which will mean that the 2 teams, who haven't lost a game in the tournament, are in the finals. Sounds fair enough to me...

Last edited:

Kensashi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
why should they ?

one of them cheated in this very tournament and the other has two chuckers, malinga and murali.
You, my friend, are absolutely clueless when it comes to the laws of cricket!

May i recommend getting your facts straight before posting mindlessly?

ret

International Debutant
Congratulations to all the semi-finalists

I am guessing it will be a SA vs WI final mainly because of Pak's mercurial nature and SL's relatively weak batting [though their excellent bowling compensates for that] .... Also Pak and SL are likely to be fed with short-pitched stuff considering how Indians struggled against it. It will be interesting to see how Pak and SL handle that

From what we have seen Lords will be quick and bouncy, Nottingham could be good for batting w/ spin coming in to play, Oval could be good for pacers

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't think Saffa will be too concerned about a big turning pitch, given how van der Merwe and Botha are bowling. It might not suit them absolutely perfectly, but it's not a major problem.

That's the thing about South Africa, there's no weak spots in the team at all any more. It's their tournament to lose. Which they're no doubt very capable of.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Voted SA in the poll before the tournament started, and still backing them to win this. I'd have backed Pakistan to take out WI or SL, but SA are an entirely different kettle of fish. Ideal final would be between the two best teams in the tournament - SA vs SL. Outcome would depend on how well the SA batting handle SL's attack.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Don't want to jinx my fav. team by voting in their favor. All the four teams have played superbly and truly deserve their spot. Hoping that we have 3 cracking games and a deserving Champion.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Have a feeling Sri Lanka will take it. 3M and Udana probably makes the best attack in the tournament. The only question mark is Mubarak, but then again, he seems more competent in T20 than any other format.

I'd say let Mendis bowl early against Gayle and it'll be a cake walk.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm hoping for a SA - SL final, as they have been the two best teams in the competition.
Yep.

The other two teams are rather random, they could certainly perform well enough to win a semi but then could also have a shocker in the final.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I am just hoping to see a competitive finish to the tournament don't mind even if we loose its good to see Pakistan involved at the highest level after such a long drought.

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
Have a feeling Sri Lanka will take it. 3M and Udana probably makes the best attack in the tournament. The only question mark is Mubarak, but then again, he seems more competent in T20 than any other format.

i dont know about that-Gayle has seen and played with mendies for KKR in the IPL-however i think the windies will fold against MMm.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater

Proven not true throughout the tournament TBH.

gvenkat

State Captain

Without Gayle Windies scored 177 against Lanka. If any Windies are better prepared to handle 3M(Gayle,Sars and Shiv). Udana is just an ordinary bowler.. Kulasekara is better. West Indies's best chance is to bat first score 160-170. Sri Lanka have not chased against a decent attack this tournament and if they are put udner pressure and Dilsshan goes early.. they are in trouble.. The aussies attack was over-rated, lets not take them in to consideration.

If windies are chasing, they will have to play out of their skins to win the game. It will be a close contest and I expect Windiesto pull this off.

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
No one expected Pak to go this far, esp after their first-game loss. So I won't count out the Green Shirts just yet. They are the best bowling T20 bowling team around (yes, better than both SA and SL) and their batting/fielding is starting to come together. If they hold their own during the first 6 overs of both innings, they'll have a serious chance of beating the mighty Proteas.