• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Final Discussion

Shri

Mr. Glass
I am supporting Afridi. If he fails, its Dilshan. One positive of being a neutral fan for the finals.:p

Fusion

Global Moderator
In an earlier thread, I put forth the argument that doing well in this tournament will be more beneficial to Pakistan, then say Holand. I thought that it would make Pakistan relevant again in world Cricket. Here are some articles that better articulate my point:

Men with je ne sais quoi

It was necessary also in this uncertain new world of cricket, where there is more money and less time, a world which was in danger of passing Pakistan by. By reaching the final of the premier World Twenty20 event twice, Pakistan has said to one and all that they are still a force, no matter what the strife, that they cannot be ignored or sidelined in this world. Men such as Afridi, Gul, Akmal and Ajmal cannot be ignored in this world. They can contribute richly to it.

Go Pakistan, this could be your moment

It is always difficult to predict a Twenty20 match with certainty. But I am certain that Younis' team have been the best ambassadors that Pakistan has had for many years. They have not achieved this through politics or money. They have achieved this through their skill and passion on a cricket pitch and the joy and excitement that they have brought to this tournament. Changing the world's view of the people of Pakistan was harder than winning any World Cup.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Everyone I know (and follows cricket beyond mere casualness) is supporting Pakistan for tomorrow.
ITSTL. Most of the Indian cricket message boards are giving a different picture which is not surprising since if it would have been India in place of Pakistan most of our fan base would have gone against India aswell.

ret

International Debutant
ITSTL. Most of the Indian cricket message boards are giving a different picture which is not surprising since if it would have been India in place of Pakistan most of our fan base would have gone against India aswell.
Hope you are not judging it from your perspective, it could be because many of the SL players are popular amongst Indian fans .... I don't see that many players in this Pak squad being as popular as some of the SL players

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope M&M win it for Sri Lanka, really like that 20/20 has become a quality spinner format. When it started in county cricket, crap medium pacers did all right, occasional bowlers even. Yet once it's been giving to the world from the mediocrity of CC, clever spin and attacking fast bowlers have made it incredibly watchable, and this tournament has made the lie of the game being a batsmens one.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Everyone I know (and follows cricket beyond mere casualness) is supporting Pakistan for tomorrow.
Interesting. Personally I'm supporting Sri Lanka all the way. Just find them infinitely more likeable (and I don't mean that as a bad thing about Pakistan).

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have an assignment due at 11:55 tonight, so will be watching after that. Hoping SL win it personally, probably my third favourite team after Australia and Bangladesh. A win would do wonders for Pakistani cricket though, so will be happy either way. As long as it's a good game and Mendis does his bit I'll be happy.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Hope you are not judging it from your perspective, it could be because many of the SL players are popular amongst Indian fans .... I don't see that many players in this Pak squad being as popular as some of the SL players
Yeah agree from a neutral prospective its hard to not support a team that has mendis, Murali,Sanga or a Jaya over a bunch of unpredictable lads but then you also find quite a few people who post 'anyone but Pakistan' type stuff. As I said its not a surprise because many Pakistani's would have done exactly the same thing.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
i don't want to see Pakistan getting runners up position again. Would love to see victory this time, but again if don't win, it's not a big prob

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Depends on which Pakistan plays them. Pakistan at full go, can easily ovewhelm SL. But one little opening for SL bowlers, they'll hunt down the batsmen in a pack.
but if Pakistan find any opening, Pakistan 'll bowl srilanka out under 100