• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Final Discussion

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Given the circumstances surrounding PAK these days, it would be perfect if they won no doubt...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mathews, Udana, Malinga, Mendis and Murali = the greatest bowling attack ever imo. No one will ever stop us with that attack, well maybe our batsmen.

Angelo Mathews remember that name, as all the cool kids say; "Such a jet"

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Ajantha Mendis = Most gun international T20 bowler. 9 games, 23 wickets @ 7.13 with an economy rate of 4.82.

Watching Mendis bowl last night; makes me more eager to see him live. Star.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
srilanka team are pakistans best friends cricket wise,so i dont really mind ,if we lose, yes it will hurt, but only for a few minutes...because the winners are also one of us ,all the teams going in the finals so far are asian teams what does that tell you ?

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
srilanka team are pakistans best friends cricket wise,so i dont really mind ,if we lose, yes it will hurt, but only for a few minutes...because the winners are also one of us ,all the teams going in the finals so far are asian teams what does that tell you ?
That all the teams who have made the finals are Asian teams.

Little similarity between the Pakistan team and the Sri Lankan team other than continental origins.

AaronK

State Regular
Before yesterday's match Pakistan was worried about 3 Ms.. another M as an obstacle added to their concern now..

Congrats to Sri Lanka for the win as they set the battle of two best spin sides..

What a bowling line up.. Mendis, Murali, Malinga and Mathews..

How can pakistan compate with that..

Lets talk about strategies for pakistani Batsmans against these 4 Ms..

I say Pakistan should open the batting order with Afridi instead of shahzab Hasan.. they should go with Younis, Malik and Misbah at number 3, 4 and 5 as they are their best option against spin..they should win the toss and bat first.. attack Murali and malinga more rather than Mendis..

irfan

State Captain
Who will be leading wicket taker?

Mendis, Malinga, Gul and Ajmal all on 12

Afridi not far back on 10

Goin for a smokey here - will back Ajmal but reckon Mendis is more likely

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Keep seeing all these celebrations in Pakistan following the semi-final win and its getting pretty annoying. Why not wait till we actually do something in the final. Then again, we haven't really had anything to cheer about in quite some time as a nation.
Disagree completely with the first couple of sentences. That would leave no room for any celebrations if Pakistan lose the final. It would get pretty boring if only one country had the right to celebrate every tournament.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Disagree completely with the first couple of sentences. That would leave no room for any celebrations if Pakistan lose the final. It would get pretty boring if only one country had the right to celebrate every tournament.
Would be fine if I knew they weren't going to just burn effigies of the players if they lose the final.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nothing really.

Don't like this Asian vs. non-Asian mentality, and "one of us". Can't imagine a post saying "I hope Aust, NZ or Eng win because they're traditional colonies" would be received well on this board, so it shouldn't in reverse.

As an Indian fan, I think if Pak or SL win, I'll be happy because both countries have been through a lot of **** lately. I won't be any more happy because they happen to be Asian though.

I do like the SL and Pakistani teams atm though.

Craig

World Traveller
I hope Chris Gayle gave some of his other batsmen a rocket after the game. I saw the dismissals, and not knocking Murali or Mendis, they did bowl well, but the batting was shocking. I mean how hard is it - you have a guy like Gayle at the other end and look to get him on strike and if it is a % shot then go for it.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I hope Chris Gayle gave some of his other batsmen a rocket after the game. I saw the dismissals, and not knocking Murali or Mendis, they did bowl well, but the batting was shocking. I mean how hard is it - you have a guy like Gayle at the other end and look to get him on strike and if it is a % shot then go for it.
Yeah agree and despite the first over horror Windies could till have made a match of it had Sarwan & Shiv showed some spine

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
i'll be so happy if we manage to win tomorrow, i hope Pakistani players compete well
they play like they played against south Africa & if srilanka can play better, they'll be deserving winners

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Everyone I know (and follows cricket beyond mere casualness) is supporting Pakistan for tomorrow.