• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Final Discussion

AaronK

State Regular
So Dissappointed at Polard..

Now you can't read Murali and Mendis.. take a single and give the strike to Gayle.. what is the point of blocking and stoping every delivery

Dissector

International Debutant
It's the second consecutive sub-continent final. Clearly teams from the rest of the world can't handle the pressure of TT cricket.:p

Fusion

Global Moderator
A comprehensive win for the Lankans. I got the Final that I was hoping for! :)

Also, a pat on the back to the Windies. They defied expectations and made it to the Semi's. They are as likable a team as any.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Strange match. Particularly compared to the women's game played earlier on the same pitch which was extremely high scoring.

Dissector

International Debutant
To be fair they were just unlucky in that first over. With a new batsman you are going to a get a few inside edges and misses but you really don't expect that to produce 3 wickets in one over. Given the quality of the Sri Lankan attack it was practically game over at that point. Perhaps Gayle overdid the defensive stuff in the overs immediately following that but who can blame him?

For the final I think Pakistan has the edge having a more rounded team. Sri Lanka are just too dependent on Dilshan at this point and their batting after 4 is crap. The toss is going to be vital; I would imagine both teams would want to bat, post a decent total and then put the opposition under huge pressure with their bowling like in the semis.

ret

International Debutant
Can someone please tell which team in the finals have edge over the other and why?
Thanks
It's difficult to say which team has an edge as both the teams are ordinary, imo, and in T20 one good performance can swing the game .... Both of them bat like crap and need some one to have a good day to post a decent total, in fielding SL is better, bowling it's Gul vs Malinga, both teams play spinners well but SL has better spinners

On paper, Pak is more rounded while SL depend on its bowling and fielding

hope we don't see a winner decided on who struggles less with the bat

Last edited:

Dissector

International Debutant
Incidentally I just noticed that in both innings of today's game the top scorer scored more than 60% of his team's runs. I wonder if that has ever happened in a TTI or even a domestic TT game before. Makes you wonder what would have happened if Dilshan had been dismissed early; we might have well had a low-scoring thriller with a target of around 100. Or perhaps without the pressure of a decent target the West Indies would have cruised to an easy win.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who are favourites for the final is [retty hard to call really. I think the fact that most of Pakistan's batsmen have had a good look at Mendis before certainly works in their favour - they seem to be about the only side who have been successful against him.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Sri Lanka just have to be the favorites going in though. We may have handled Mendis better than most but we also have a habit of cracking under pressure with our batting. I predict a close game because Lankan batting isn't great either, but our bowling < theirs. Not to mention our fielding is usually ****.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Keep seeing all these celebrations in Pakistan following the semi-final win and its getting pretty annoying. Why not wait till we actually do something in the final. Then again, we haven't really had anything to cheer about in quite some time as a nation.