• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F - Ireland, Pakistan, New Zealand, Sri Lanka

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
Add Razzaq to a team with Malik, Younis, Afridi, Kamran and Misbah and this team has some mad six-hitting capabilities.

Now if only they could ditch Butt for Nazir.

My lineup would be

Afridi
Nazir
Kamran
Younis
Misbah
Malik
Razzaq
Tanvir
Ajmal
Aamer

Bowling's a bit weak (missing Asif and Shoaib) but batting's strong.

Gul

Last edited:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
but we can't 've Imran Nazir & not too sure about Abdul Razzaq either. Actually he was in 30 probables. ICC rules only let u pick a reserve player, if he was in 30 probables. But then ICC forced Pakistan to exclude Abdul Razzaq, Rana Naveed & Imran Nazir from the 30 probables. Now he wasn't in the list of 30 players. Therefore we don't know if he can replace yasir Arafat or not
But if ICC's panel want to do justice, they should let him be picked cuz he was in the list, & it was ICC who forced them to exclude him from the list.
Then again you can expect so many stupid things from ICC, so lets wait & see what happens

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Nice to see Razzaq back. Pak now have a classy lower order finisher/hitter but the less said about his bowling and fielding the better.

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
but we can't 've Imran Nazir & not too sure about Abdul Razzaq either. Actually he was in 30 probables. ICC rules only let u pick a reserve player, if he was in 30 probables. But then ICC forced Pakistan to exclude Abdul Razzaq, Rana Naveed & Imran Nazir from the 30 probables. Now he wasn't in the list of 30 players. Therefore we don't know if he can replace yasir Arafat or not
But if ICC's panel want to do justice, they should let him be picked cuz he was in the list, & it was ICC who forced them to exclude him from the list.
Then again you can expect so many stupid things from ICC, so lets wait & see what happens
No, the ICC approved it. He will be allowed to play. It's on Cricinfo front page.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Just looking at his Cricinfo profile, Abdul Razzaq is still only 29.

That would have made Geoff Lawson laugh - On his first coach ride with the side, Geoff wouldn't let any of the Pak players off the bus until they told him their real age. He didn't let Shahid Afridi off the bus until he said 35 and Umar Gul went from 22 to 27 in five seconds.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Well i guess we should 've replaced Imran Nazir with yasir Arafat, i know Abdul Razzaq is great but did anyone see Imran Nazir play in past 1 year? He has developed his straight hitting, he doesn't hit small sixers, he can hit the ball as long as chris Gyle. But now Abdul Razzaq is back, they just use him as a batsman not as a bowler. But Younis khan can do all stupid things one can think of.

Xuhaib

International Coach

That would have made Geoff Lawson laugh - On his first coach ride with the side, Geoff wouldn't let any of the Pak players off the bus until they told him their real age. He didn't let Shahid Afridi off the bus until he said 35 and Umar Gul went from 22 to 27 in five seconds.
link?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Can't see NZ winning against PAK and SRL, with all the injuries and those not injured in crap form (i.e Oram).

NZ might even lose to Ireland tonight.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's the fittest 35 year old going around. Looks like he could get it done well into his 40's if that's the case.

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain

Why do they BS about their age? I know women do that but men?

Xuhaib

International Coach
He's the fittest 35 year old going around. Looks like he could get it done well into his 40's if that's the case.
Yeah Afridi being overage is overblown Lawson was with the team a year back this means he should be 36 now and to me it eems he is fit enough to go for another 5-6 years I think he is somewhere around 32-33

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Why does anyone has prob with their ages?
If Afridi is even 45, what's the prob with it?
It's useless to talk about their ages

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
By the way, just heard a news that Imran Nazir has submitted his NOC from ICL
means now he can also play for Pakistan, but the prob is he wasn't able to participate in t20 championship

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
& Mr. kiwininja, Newzealand wont lose to ireland, they're good enough to beat ireland with their 2nd or 3rd eleven also
& they can beat Pakistan or Srilanka also