Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1580

Thread: Group E - England, India, South Africa, West Indies

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    D/L is not new and it has been argued to death that it is probably the best option. I am not against having a re-look at D/L but the amount of outrage by certain members and comments like 'England were cheated out of game' is disrespectful and insane. How is it cheating ?

And it is indeed disrespectful to the WI team and fans say that 'WI have only 2 batsman' etc
    England *were* cheated out of the game by D/L. I don't give a toss what people say, England outplayed West Indies yet they've lost the match. It's not West Indies' fault obviously and they may well have played better if they were chasing it off 20 overs, but they weren't and you can only go on what happened - England played better, they deserved to win, they didn't because of D/L - nothing else.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Bravo, Simmons, Gayle all have better Record in this series than Bopara. Gayle has certainly proven himself more than Bopara has. So I dont know what you are trying to defend here.
    With respect, you're missing the point. I'm not trying to undertake a comparison between Bopara and any West Indian players. (If I were to do so, I think I'd want to look just a little bit further than a handful of T20 games). All I'm saying is that he's demonstrated to the West Indies that he's a good player. And I doubt many West Indies players or supporters would disagree with that.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    We've bowled some awful stuff to him sometimes but he's played some really good balls too. Obviously he needs a longer run for him to be judged properly.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    D/L is not new and it has been argued to death that it is probably the best option. I am not against having a re-look at D/L but the amount of outrage by certain members and comments like 'England were cheated out of game' is disrespectful and insane. How is it cheating ?

And it is indeed disrespectful to the WI team and fans say that 'WI have only 2 batsman' etc
    Think you're just misunderstanding the phrase. England 'being cheated out of a win' is not equivalent to 'the West Indies beat England by cheating'. It just means that they should have won or deserved to win, but didn't for whatever reason (usually relating to bad fortune). If for example India were dominating Australia in a Test match but it was rained off, you might say that India were cheated out of a win.

(FTR, I don't necessarily think England should have won, just that the D/L target was unfair.)
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Definitely, I've said throughout that England should bowl first. But that would just have meant West Indies got cheated out of a contest instead.

I vaguely remember a stat that the team batting 2nd wins 60% of games. Dunno if someone cricket-stats-site-savvy can confirm.

Oh ffs TMS going on about England being big favourites during the chase. England were NEVER even favourite let alone heavy favourite.
    yeah that stat is true.

I'm sure they'll cope. Chris Gayle, who, as captain, turned up from the IPL 2 days before the recent 1st Test and spoke of his indifference for Test cricket 2 days before the 2nd Test, and who led his team to a pretty grisly defeat, has done more to disrespect his team and supporters than anyone here would dream of doing. And I have precisely zero against either the Windies or their fans. With the sole exception of sammy2...

International Vice-Captain andruid's Avatar
    Sometimes I'm online, Sometimes I'm offline
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Not really, the target gets adjusted
    Upwards generally which leaves the chasing team slightly with their pants down
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Why don't the boxers have any head protection any more?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Burgey submitted a class action suggesting they harden the **** up.

Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    With respect, you're missing the point. I'm not trying to undertake a comparison between Bopara and any West Indian players. (If I were to do so, I think I'd want to look just a little bit further than a handful of T20 games). All I'm saying is that he's demonstrated to the West Indies that he's a good player. And I doubt many West Indies players or supporters would disagree with that.
    WI supporters didn't questioned English batting lineup, atleast not in this thread. One English fan had a go at WI batting lineup and he was greeted with a Tongue-In-cheek remark. That particular remark was never about Bopara or any single English Batsman.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    zaremba takes out Sanz's middle stump, well played sir
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    WI supporters didn't questioned English batting lineup, atleast not in this thread. One English fan had a go at WI batting lineup and he was greeted with a Tongue-In-cheek remark. That particular remark was never about Bopara or any single English Batsman.
    If it's 'disrespectful' to criticise a team's batting lineup you might as well shut down the forum.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    zaremba takes out Sanz's middle stump, well played sir
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamc View Post
    the D/L target was unfair.
    D/L target would have been same for any team in this situation, so don't understand why is it unfair ? England didn't bat well and paid the price for it.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    It would be unfair on any team, that's the point.

BTW for all the criticism of our batting, adamc kindly provided me with the average 1st innings score earlier in the thread and we scored more than that today...so...

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    It would be unfair on any team, that's the point.

BTW for all the criticism of our batting, adamc kindly provided me with the average 1st innings score earlier in the thread and we scored more than that today...so...
    I was levelling the critisicm at the lack of depth and reliance on 2 players TBH. All well and good if they fire, but they don't, we are stuffed.

Nobody and I mean nobody has suggested that West Indies cheated.
    Where did I suggest that English fans accused WI of cheating. They are being disrespectful by not recognizing that they were beaten by WI fair and square as per the laws/rules of the game.

Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread Information