Page 87 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1580

Thread: Group E - England, India, South Africa, West Indies

Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    Can someone shut up this troll please? Has been spouting the same **** again and again. Well for starters, England oughta known that DL is indeed applicable for the competition. If they can't agree with it, should not have competed in the first place.
    A really poor post, Precam. You're capable of writing sensibly, why not do so? And when it comes to trolling, bear in mind that you've been banned and (AFAIK) scaly hasn't.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    Cold comfort, but at least Nostradamuzaremba still has the old magic
    I'm impressed.

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Well done Windies! So glad to see them doing this after losing 5 for 45...
    CricZo XI - Draft League

Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

Can someone shut up this troll please? Has been spouting the same **** again and again. Well for starters, England oughta known that DL is indeed applicable for the competition. If they can't agree with it, should not have competed in the first place.
    You are the one trolling after England have just been cheated out of the semi final and it's pretty much the consensus not just my opinion.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Colly's fault for choosing to bat.

I really hope they sort the DL out in future though. The better team lost today.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Sticks in the craw a little bit seeing Gayle choked with the magnitude of his team's achievement despite being so thoroughly atrocious with the bat, except for competent little cameos from Ronnie and Chanders at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    Well cant say England have shown anything which makes them deserve to go through.
    Very true. More the fault of some braindead selections than the players themselves, but given we invented twittytwatty, we really didn't have a clue how to put a side together. When you've got one opener patently out of his depth and nothing of note batting wise after number 4, we were never serious contenders.

It's been said before, but what a shame Pak couldn't have been competent last Sunday and spared us this nonsense.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    We was robbed.

Oh well, pleased with how we've played since the Netherlands. And I don't buy all the stuff about our batting being rubbish, not the best but we've put down decent scores.

Bring on the Aussies.
    Yeah, only once have we actually posted a total that I would consider to be poor, even though it's seemed crappy we've managed to jumble the runs together generally. We'd have had enough runs had it been a 20-over game, but hey, not the Windies' fault it rained or that the DL is flawed for the format, so be it.

Hope the Saffies win tomorrow, can't be doing with finishing bottom of the group.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    What a ****ing ridiculous post. You don't have to be an one-eyed England supporter to think that the D/L target was unfair. Your suggestion that England should have pulled out of the tournament because D/L is less than perfect is idiotic.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Yeah, only once have we actually posted a total that I would consider to be poor, even though it's seemed crappy we've managed to jumble the runs together generally. We'd have had enough runs had it been a 20-over game, but hey, not the Windies' fault it rained or that the DL is flawed for the format, so be it.

Hope the Saffies win tomorrow, can't be doing with finishing bottom of the group.
    A sane post. Fully agree.

International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    England were marginally hard done by D/L but the idea that they "outplayed" the Windies is ludicrous. If the Windies had 20 overs they would have batted differently and it's unlikely they would have been 45 for 5. And over the course of the tournament they were the better team; quite competitive in their defeats and without an embarassment like the Netherlands game. England wasn't really semi-final material.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Colly's fault for choosing to bat.

I really hope they sort the DL out in future though. The better team lost today.
    Definitely, I've said throughout that England should bowl first. But that would just have meant West Indies got cheated out of a contest instead.

I vaguely remember a stat that the team batting 2nd wins 60% of games. Dunno if someone cricket-stats-site-savvy can confirm.

Oh ffs TMS going on about England being big favourites during the chase. England were NEVER even favourite let alone heavy favourite.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamc View Post
    What a ****ing ridiculous post. You don't have to be an one-eyed England supporter to think that the D/L target was unfair. Your suggestion that England should have pulled out of the tournament because D/L is less than perfect is idiotic.
    Well, why don't you kindly suggest the alternative then? Why don't you pinpoint why 80 off 9 overs is unfair ? What should have been then the ideal score?

Genuine questions.

Only positives from this is hopefully the likes of Collingwood and Wright will never be selected again.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Definitely, I've said throughout that England should bowl first. But that would just have meant West Indies got cheated out of a contest instead.

I vaguely remember a stat that the team batting 2nd wins 60% of games. Dunno if someone cricket-stats-site-savvy can confirm.

Oh ffs TMS going on about England being big favourites during the chase. England were NEVER even favourite let alone heavy favourite.
    Good point this. Would sit equally badly with me personally whoever it was that got ****ed over by D/L.

All I can say is i hope they sort it out in future.

Page 87 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread Information