• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - England, India, South Africa, West Indies

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Fair play to the Saffies, they're looking faintly embarrassed about getting this shower out.
Comes to something when you can't even bat out 20 overs :@

Thing that strikes me about 2020 is how quickly we've been left behind in this form of the game. At least we took about 20 years in ODIs. But in this format we're already so far off the pace it's just embarassing against anyone who's competent.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Quite a funny match, wouldn't the Netherlands have been a better opponent? Can they play against Australia this summer?

Good to see Cricinfo refuses to dumb down though

Still time for England to post a competitive. They just need both these batsmen to go absolutely mental

I'd give my right nut to have a job that involved text commentary updates and watching cricket all day.. Looks like they've employed someone with about as much nouse as Stuart Broad
You'd be a bit more convincing if you spelt nous properly :laugh:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Feel for the kid. Everytime I have seen him, he hasn't come across as a slogger or a clean hitter of the ball.

It is the ****e at the top of the order which take all the blame.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
England will take those four extra, shame it looks like they need about 40 more.

And Parnell gets his second. :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
You'd be a bit more convincing if you spelt nous properly :laugh:
I was more worried about the Stuart/Stewart issue..

Oh, on a side note.. Parnell was at the same bar as me a few weeks ago, with a distinctly ropey looking girl on his arm.. Think he deserves an upgrade now

stumpski

International Captain
Now that's something you don't see very often - Anderson was bowled off and leg stump while the middle stayed in!

I've heard of that happening before but I couldn't see how it could be done - now I've seen it with my own eyes. I don't think he knocked one over himself. :unsure:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Feel for the kid. Everytime I have seen him, he hasn't come across as a slogger or a clean hitter of the ball.

It is the ****e at the top of the order which take all the blame.
Not sure thats applicable, the guy is playing T20. If he can't deal with it then he shouldn't be in there.. Kind of feel for him in a Darren Pattinson kind of way.. Just shouldn't have had a look in

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I was more worried about the Stuart/Stewart issue..

Oh, on a side note.. Parnell was at the same bar as me a few weeks ago, with a distinctly ropey looking girl on his arm.. Think he deserves an upgrade now
tbh I hadn't even noticed the Stuart/Stewart mis-spell, which serves me right really. :laugh:

So do you regularly hang out with FC cricketers nowadays? I'm impressed.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not sure getting Fat Gray* out the best move tbh. Gibbs far more dangerous in the format. Still 18/1 off 4 a decent start from us.

*& he's really filled out of late too, hasn't he? Kallis as well. Too many celebratory lunches IMHO.