• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - England, India, South Africa, West Indies

Dissector

International Debutant
England were marginally hard done by D/L but the idea that they "outplayed" the Windies is ludicrous. If the Windies had 20 overs they would have batted differently and it's unlikely they would have been 45 for 5. And over the course of the tournament they were the better team; quite competitive in their defeats and without an embarassment like the Netherlands game. England wasn't really semi-final material.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Colly's fault for choosing to bat.

I really hope they sort the DL out in future though. The better team lost today.
Definitely, I've said throughout that England should bowl first. But that would just have meant West Indies got cheated out of a contest instead.

I vaguely remember a stat that the team batting 2nd wins 60% of games. Dunno if someone cricket-stats-site-savvy can confirm.

Oh ffs TMS going on about England being big favourites during the chase. England were NEVER even favourite let alone heavy favourite.

Smith

Banned
What a ****ing ridiculous post. You don't have to be an one-eyed England supporter to think that the D/L target was unfair. Your suggestion that England should have pulled out of the tournament because D/L is less than perfect is idiotic.
Well, why don't you kindly suggest the alternative then? Why don't you pinpoint why 80 off 9 overs is unfair ? What should have been then the ideal score?

Genuine questions.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Definitely, I've said throughout that England should bowl first. But that would just have meant West Indies got cheated out of a contest instead.

I vaguely remember a stat that the team batting 2nd wins 60% of games. Dunno if someone cricket-stats-site-savvy can confirm.

Oh ffs TMS going on about England being big favourites during the chase. England were NEVER even favourite let alone heavy favourite.
Good point this. Would sit equally badly with me personally whoever it was that got ****ed over by D/L.

All I can say is i hope they sort it out in future.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, why don't you kindly suggest the alternative then? Why don't you pinpoint why 80 off 9 overs is unfair ? What should have been then the ideal score?

Genuine questions.
I've posted earlier in the thread as to why I think D/L predictions for Twenty20 matches are inaccurate.

Lostman

State Captain
This was a joke, they cant find a window to bowl 20 overs!?!
Hell, playing in the rain would have made this game better.

King Pietersen

International Captain
What a surprise. Hussain straight onto the Mascheranas bandwagon at the end of the game. Correct by questioning the non-selection of Napier. He really should have been in the side. Better T20 bowler than Anderson, and a better batsman than Mascheranas. Amazed he didn't get a game.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't really get why we have to end a game by 9.15 in England in June tbh, but that's the way it's written in the rules

westindiangirl

Cricket Spectator
Yessss

Thank God West Indies did it again......now its to improve because it doesn't get easier from here!!!!!!!!....but anywayz Great Job guys!:)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Oh well who cares. Water under the bridge. WI in the semis along with RSA. That's it. Anyone who thinks they don't deserve it can sod off. Maybe England should have tried having hitters in their lower middle order to push the total.

Smith

Banned
I've posted earlier in the thread as to why I think D/L predictions for Twenty20 matches are inaccurate.
No, you surmised that ODI totals are taken as base for determining par score in T20s. I am not sure that is correct.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He said that it was either that, or that they used previous T20 data and that either way is inadequate

Smith

Banned
Oh well who cares. Water under the bridge. WI in the semis along with RSA. That's it. Anyone who thinks they don't deserve it can sod off. Maybe England should have tried having hitters in their lower middle order to push the total.
True. It did not help that English middle order went 8 overs in a T20 without a single boundary, that too towards the end.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No, you surmised that ODI totals are taken as base for determining par score in T20s. I am not sure that is correct.
No he didn't. He said that EITHER they used ODI totals OR they used T20i totals. In either case, it would be inaccurate because there's not enough data on T20is available.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You've been better than us in the tournament for sure. don't think anyone is taking issue with the fact that you've gone through, just the way it's gone down

shivfan

Banned
Well said!

These rules were made before the tournament started. Nobody had a problem with them then, or even when Dyson made a hash of DL in the Caribbean....
:laugh:
It was a silly decision by Colly to bat first. Even I knew that rain was going to affect the game.
:cool:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't really get why we have to end a game by 9.15 in England in June tbh, but that's the way it's written in the rules
Could be wrong, but I'd guess that finishing times have more to do with the whims of broadcasters than anything else. Doesn't seem to be any real reason why half an hour of rain should curtail a twenty over match otherwise.