• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - England, India, South Africa, West Indies

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
It needs to be above shoulder level for a full-toss to be no-ball off a spinner I think.
Really so whats the speed cut off? If a fast bowler bowls a slower ball/cutter above waist height is it ok? what about a spinners quicker one? Surely they shouldn't expect the umpire to judge the speed?

jondavluc

State Regular
I love it when batsmen get out playing those stupid dicky reverse sweeps.:)

and Dimi is out too. England are falling apart here.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Well promoting Foster a ripping ploy.
.... and we've seen a few of those in this campaign.

Not that Dimi managed any better.

We won't make 100 here, will we? Curse Pak for being so dire on Sunday. They only had to be competent to spare us this pile of ****e.

gvenkat

State Captain
England are pathetic.. Atleast the Aussies got out of the tournament early.. England are embarassing themselves, this after qualifying.. :laugh:

shankar

International Debutant
Really so whats the speed cut off? If a fast bowler bowls a slower ball/cutter above waist height is it ok? what about a spinners quicker one? Surely they shouldn't expect the umpire to judge the speed?
Yeah it's a grey area. I guess it's left to the discretion of the umpire. Here's the law (7.b):. There's no mention of a speed limit.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair play to the Saffies, they're looking faintly embarrassed about getting this shower out.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Quite a funny match, wouldn't the Netherlands have been a better opponent? Can they play against Australia this summer?

Good to see Cricinfo refuses to dumb down though

Still time for England to post a competitive. They just need both these batsmen to go absolutely mental

I'd give my right nut to have a job that involved text commentary updates and watching cricket all day.. Looks like they've employed someone with about as much nouse as Stuart Broad

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Even if they slog good they will only make 120/30. Wicket still looks like a belter.

Be interesting how South Africa chase. Go El Loco for run-rate or just secure victory in the first six overs by playing it safe.