• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - England, India, South Africa, West Indies

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Not much activity out there reminds me of that Warwickshire FP trophy game where they were tied on DL but needed to win to go through, it was't raining but they never got the game on

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, as it does seem to be following the weather around here earlier today, I should say it's not rained since the big storm:unsure:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hmmm - not sure that Broad, Anderson or Sidebottom would agree with that. Nor would I if they got crocked sliding all over the Oval tonight.
Can't say I agree with myself but there you go :p

Hearing that there will be 9 overs, the target is 80.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why is it that they'll play through pretty heavy rain, but they won't restart unless it's dry?

Anyway as expected DL target hugely favours the team batting second.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sky should employ Pickup for D/L explanations, always a cluster**** listening to them trying to get their heads round it

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
What happens if it's a D/L tie? Would they then go on to do the super over
Yeah.
In the event of a tied match in the Group stage or Super Eight Series the teams shall compete in a one over per side eliminator to determine the winner. If weather conditions prevent the one over eliminator from being completed, the result will be a tie and the points allocated accordingly.