• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - England, India, South Africa, West Indies

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes indeed, if we lose that way then so be it.

I just hope Dyson is in sole charge of the Windies calculations
Yes you're quite right. Those are the rules and fair play to West Indies if they win as a result.

Duckworth Lewis in T20s needs a major overhaul though if 47 off 5 is the revised target for a team that needs 162 off 20 to win.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anyone in the area got any weather updates?

Stupid south. Could have played this in my garden.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Also, can anyone tell me how Strauss is a worse 2020 player than all of Shah, Morgan & Key, please?
Bit harsh on Morgan, hardly had plenty of chances has he? He's not a hitter though, but neither are Collingwood or Strauss. FWIW, Morgan has a better domestic T20 record than Strauss

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
D/L works reasonably well in ODI because the values placed on resources (wickets and overs remaining) are based on historical data, and the model has been revised a number of times since being introduced (to reflect increased scoring rates in ODIs etc).

I'm not sure if the Twenty20 calculations are based on modified ODI calculations or if they're based on Twenty20 data. If it's the former, it's likely to be inaccurate because they're fundamentally different games. If it's the latter, it's likely to be inaccurate because of the relative paucity of Twenty20 data to accurately base predictions on. In either case it shouldn't be surprising if the D/L predictions are ostensibly unfair.