• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - England, India, South Africa, West Indies

Smith

Banned
So that's that. End of India's cricketing season for a while.

Oh wait.... (**** **** **** the WI ODI series)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, but that final ball was just put there by Sidey, wasn't going to bowl a wide or a no-ball, and rightly so, a wide would of meant a six to tie.

As you say, top seam-bowling, my pick, justt Broad.

Need to find ways to score a competitive total if KP fails, if we want to win this, but our bowling could be good enough. Put Napier in for Shah or Wright would help IMHO.
Yeah, good point.

And I'd stick Napier in tomorrow as well.

Sidebottom also making a pointed comment about the lack of England support at the ground it seems. Sounds like it really got the players' backs up.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, good point.

And I'd stick Napier in tomorrow as well.

Sidebottom also making a pointed comment about the lack of England support at the ground it seems. Sounds like it really got the players' backs up.
If that's what getting our backs up does, we should bus some India fans in more often!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Can only imagine the **** Dhoni is going to cop in the Indian media tmr. They already don't like him, its going to be brutal.

Actually will deserve all the criticism he gets this time though. He can say he tried to "steady the innings" by sending in Jadeja at 4, but he protected our best batsman by sending in a kid. If he wanted to protect Yuvraj, he should have come out himself.

Oh and Raina should cop it too. Deer in the headlights if I've ever seen one.

AaronK

State Regular
one could wonder.. what would have happend if Yuvi didn't miss field the wide ball of Bajji at the end of England's innings?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Now that there is no consequence on the IND Vs RSA game, I will watch it as a neutral. RSA are my second favourite side.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
one could wonder.. what would have happend if Yuvi didn't miss field the wide ball of Bajji at the end of England's innings?
India would have still choked. Jadeja wouldn't have finally hit out, and he would have used up more balls.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
India lost the game more than England won it. Mighty fine effort losing by just 3 runs given the numerous ****ups right from team selection to strategy.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Can only imagine the **** Dhoni is going to cop in the Indian media tmr. They already don't like him, its going to be brutal.

Actually will deserve all the criticism he gets this time though. He can say he tried to "steady the innings" by sending in Jadeja at 4, but he protected our best batsman by sending in a kid. If he wanted to protect Yuvraj, he should have come out himself.

What's even more bemusing about him sending Jadeja in ahead of himself, Yuvraj and Yusuf is that Jadeja was playing innings just like that one today in the IPL too.

Smith

Banned

Was just about to post my sympathy for Dhoni. Such a shame the guy got it completely wrong. But again, lady luck can't always favor him forever.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
mpetitive total if KP fails, if we want to win this, but our bowling could be good enough. Put Napier in for Shah or Wright would help IMHO.
Can't really see what Wright has done wrong tbh. In this tournament and in the warm-ups he's got quick runs and has failed no more often than is reasonable to expect. He's fielded well and he's bowled well in highly pressurised situations.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India lost the game more than England won it. Mighty fine effort losing by just 3 runs given the numerous ****ups right from team selection to strategy.
Strategy? Horrible.
Team selection? Very Horrible.

But the top order's inability to play the short ball, or at least see it off? Disgraceful. That was the difference.

Shri

Mr. Glass

The sad thing is, there will be a couple of ODI series in India and Raina will keep pulling waist high 'short' balls merrily and the crowd will forget all about this debacle. The newspapers are going to annoy the hell out of me for one week. Thats for sure.