• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - England, India, South Africa, West Indies

Rosh

School Boy/Girl Captain
India's middle order has to be tested yet..........feel that dhoni should bat at number 6 after raina and yuvraj in super 8 matches.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So my Australia-India tickets that I've been excited about for a while have become WI-India. I hope the atmosphere at the game is still really good. I can't decide who to cheer for though. :)
Indian fans = atmosphere. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

As long as the weather holds that is.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
England vs South Africa, who'll win it? For me South Africa, but it'll be a close game though, or maybe England 'll win it in home conditions, i'm confused.

Briony

International Debutant
England may sneak through because of home advantage. WI look too fluky. India appears to be the strongest team. SA looks a reasonably good team but may not have the big tournament temperament to prevail here.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Any early team news? Heard yesterday that Pietersen was okay, hope he plays as well as he did on Sunday, though I can't see him getting the amount of free hits that he had then

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Both teams are likely to be unchanged. Though, Rashid may make way for an extra seamer.

Any news on the weather?

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
this Group will be so interestinh if England manages a win agianst South Africa today, really it will be awsome then

Evermind

International Debutant
Haha, if that's him losing his cool then the guy must be the Dalai Lama.

Lol at 'fiasco' as well.
Though if there's anyone who could get the Dalai Lama agitated enough to launch into a murderous rampage, it must be a member of the Indian press.

Smith

Banned
Rue-Barb Pie:Vikas Singh's blog-The Times Of India

Ugly Baldie said:
Unfortunately, such transparency has been in short supply during the entire fiasco surrounding Virender Sehwag's injury. And Dhoni has, in a few short days, gone from Captain Cool to Captain Grump. It is probably his first serious misstep as Indian captain, and his aura has certainly lost some of its sheen as a result.
Ugly Baldie said:
Dhoni walked into a press conference and the question was put to him. Even at that stage, he could have cleared the air. Instead, he chose to take a confrontationist approach, lost his famed coolness just when he needed it most, and got into an ugly slanging match.
No you ****, crock ****, he has only grown in stature in our eyes. You ****ing morons. Disgraceful bunch of cowards. What slanging match? What losing cool?

Ugly Baldie said:
As for Dhoni, there's no denying that he hasn't handled this particular situation with his customary maturity.
Nah, had he been mature enough, you sick bunch should have been tied to a post and caned on your buttocks 100 times.

Smith

Banned
Can't believe the media wasted umpteen hours in venting ire because Dhoni did not care to elaborate whether a player was injured or not. How pathetic.