• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commentary

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I must say that I have found some of the commentary so far to be very poor. What has really struck me is how some of the commentators haven't bothered to learn/research anything about the associate sides. Heard one guy say of van Bunge last night, "well he never bowled so he must be a batsman?"

These guys are supposed to be professionals and it doesn't take a lot to research about who is going to be playing in the matches you are calling. There are only twelve teams with squads of fifteen, it really wouldn't take much to learn a little about them. Disgraceful IMO, or am I just being picky for the sake of it? Anyone else noticed this.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
One of the several things I was getting furious about last night. That and saying "Smits is listed at five; he must be able to bat..."

Do some bloody research or get off the screen.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Not so much player details for me, but David Lloyd feels the need to talk about EVERYTHING. His exasperation at the Scotland dropped catch (which led to McCullum's run out) sums up his inability to think before talking - it was a free hit, Bumble, McCullum couldn't have been out caught anyway.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah, i agree. We should all write emails to Sky Sports i reckon.
It's not Sky Sports fault as far as I know - for ICC events commentators are provided from everywhere, someone correct me if I'm wrong mind

Not so much player details for me, but David Lloyd feels the need to talk about EVERYTHING. His exasperation at the Scotland dropped catch (which led to McCullum's run out) sums up his inability to think before talking - it was a free hit, Bumble, McCullum couldn't have been out caught anyway.
Haha yeah i noticed that, bit of a shocker

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not Sky Sports fault as far as I know - for ICC events commentators are provided from everywhere, someone correct me if I'm wrong mind

Haha yeah i noticed that, bit of a shocker
I'm quite sure Sky Sports run the coverage for anything in England. In fact i'm almost certain, because the BBC highlights had different commentary.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm quite sure Sky Sports run the coverage for anything in England. In fact i'm almost certain, because the BBC highlights had different commentary.
The Beeb are using their own commentators but for the live feed I'm pretty sure you don't have a host broadcaster per se. You can also tell this from the different graphics on the scorecards etc to what sky normally show.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Beeb are using their own commentators but for the live feed I'm pretty sure you don't have a host broadcaster per se. You can also tell this from the different graphics on the scorecards etc to what sky normally show.
I presumed they'd just redesigned a bit for the new tournament. Anyway, I'll send them something anyway and see if they respond.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thought the commentary was decent in the Scotland match, but yeah abit of a shocker re: the dropped catch run out situation.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Whilst we're complaining... the mascots' uniforms. What is this? A Persil demonstration day? They also look like they're about as thick as Broad's reserves of bottle. The poor bloody kids must be borderline hypothermia cases here.