• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commentary

Furball

Evil Scotsman
yep.. commentating has been really poor...

i dont know why guys like Tony Graig, Robin Jackman, Ravi shastri, Ramiz Raja and Waqar younis aren't commentating they are soo good..
Tony Greig presumably isn't commentating because ESPN Star have realised that the guy is a ******.

Daryl Harper

School Boy/Girl Captain
I know he's not on the commentary, but in the studio, but Nick Knight is one of my favourite analysts. Knowledgable about the game, is still of the same generation of the current players, so, as opposed to some of the analysts, he's in touch with the pace of the modern game, and knows the players, but is also detatched enough to be able to critisise when needed. He's also a very good speaker, and puts over his point in a very cool, logical style. Mucho respecto.
absolute rubbish. he's a joke.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
absolute rubbish. he's a joke.
Hard to disagree with that thorough analysis.

Big fan of Nick Knight here. As others have said, he isn't afraid to make big calls that might be wrong and he always gives his opinion straight. Better than Ian Ward anyway, who is worse than useless. Never says anything remotely interesting or insightful.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, that is my favourite thing about Knight, he engages in interesting debate with his colleagues. I like most of the commentary team, but Knight adds something different and fresh, less inclined to be part of a yes-crowd.

Where's Gower been for this one by the way, haven't seen him?
Interesting. When I left England, Knight was the biggest fan boy in the Sky team.

And his one-eyed performance in India was shocking as we was getting seriously dicked in the ODI's. Maybe as Sky have extended his contract his stopped being a cheerleader.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
THERE....IS....NO....WAY...FOR PICKING WHICH SIDE OF A COIN TO PICK THAT "MAKES SENSE"

YOU PICK A SIDE - HALF THE TIME YOU WIN, HALF THE TIME YOU LOSE!

NONE OF THE "HEADS AT HOME, TAILS ON TOUR" - IT DOESN'T MATTER!

(simon doull's a tool)

0RI0N

State 12th Man
THERE....IS....NO....WAY...FOR PICKING WHICH SIDE OF A COIN TO PICK THAT "MAKES SENSE"

YOU PICK A SIDE - HALF THE TIME YOU WIN, HALF THE TIME YOU LOSE!

NONE OF THE "HEADS AT HOME, TAILS ON TOUR" - IT DOESN'T MATTER!

(simon doull's a tool)
/
i see your simon doull and raise you anil 'the robot' kumble.
Awful sounding commentator.
Hell is:
listening to kumble commentary,raikkonen interviews and misbah interviews.
Give me David Bumble 'we bloody murdered em' Lloyd anyday .

slippy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
For such a big tournament there are too many newbie commentators such as anil kumble, Wasim akram, these guys need training they get thrown in into the deep end to quickily.
Wasim always enjoys commentating on the womans matches for some reason. :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kumble has played T20s and Kumble has played recent intl cricket with and against many players that played in this tournament.

That makes him a valuable member of the commentary box. So what if he doesn't jizz his pants every time something happens. That's the role of other commentators.

I think Kumble has given a new spin to the commentary box :D

Fire

Cricket Spectator
Agree with much of what has been said already. Heard Saurav for the first time yesterday in the SL v WI semi-final. Found him quite good, to be honest. Commentary could certainly have been of a higher standard had guys like Rameez and Jackman been commentating as well. I think that Bish has pretty much been a notch above the rest - very easy on the ears, insightful and exciting enough. In contrast, Wasim has been quite dreadful, pointing out the bleeding obvious and very biased.

Ranil Abenayake has been pretty under the radar, how d'ya guys find his commentary? As for the studio presentation from Sky, I think it has been reasonably good. I agree with those that said Nick Knight is a good - I definitely enjoy listening to him and he seems to know what he is talking about. Quite like Ian Ward too although quite a few people seem critical of him. What you guys think of Athers?

AaronK

State Regular
I personally found Kumble and Wasim dreadful..

would love to see waqar and ravi in place of them..

also guys like toni graig and Robin Jackman are awsome tooo..Specially Tony and his style of commentating suits this format of the game...

Andre

International Regular
If Sanjay Manjrekar and Ranjit Fernando ever commentate together, please put me on suicide watch. Diabolical. How dumb does Manjrekar think everyone watching is? Goose.

Kumble, well, I've slept a lot sounder since he joined the commentary team...

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Kumble, well, I've slept a lot sounder since he joined the commentary team...
/
kumble = monotone robotnik.
im not saying become a IPL flunkie commentator.
But FFS,stop with the drearyA$$ness.
Dull dreary commentry is awful

Xuhaib

International Coach
Kumble is pretty good for a newbie, Wasim has always been dreadful Waqar would have added more value then him and I am really pleased I don't have to listen to Rameez, Ravi or Sunny.