Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Commentary

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Had the misfortune of listening to the dulcetl tones of Alec Stewart on the drive home today, truly a diabolical commentator
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

U19 Vice-Captain pietersenrocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Haha I just call most of those "bad English".
    I second that.

I know he's not on the commentary, but in the studio, but Nick Knight is one of my favourite analysts. Knowledgable about the game, is still of the same generation of the current players, so, as opposed to some of the analysts, he's in touch with the pace of the modern game, and knows the players, but is also detatched enough to be able to critisise when needed. He's also a very good speaker, and puts over his point in a very cool, logical style. Mucho respecto.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
    I know he's not on the commentary, but in the studio, but Nick Knight is one of my favourite analysts. Knowledgable about the game, is still of the same generation of the current players, so, as opposed to some of the analysts, he's in touch with the pace of the modern game, and knows the players, but is also detatched enough to be able to critisise when needed. He's also a very good speaker, and puts over his point in a very cool, logical style. Mucho respecto.
    Nah, talks plenty of crap, not a fan.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Just said how Albie Morkel would get into our side as a 3rd seamer alone =/ Definitely don't agree with that, he's been in very poor form with the ball in the last few months. Suppose he's basing that on the 1 over he bowled against England.....
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I'm with Jamee, enjoy Knight's work
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

I agree. He's not always right but he's interesting, shares technical analysis with the viewer and isn't afraid to disagree (in an articulate and reasoned way) with his co-pundits. An asset to the team. We need more of his sort and less of Ian Botham.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Oh I agree. I didnt' like the Morkel comment, but generally his punditry has been very solid. Certainly more interesting than listening to Botham and Hussain. He did a very good job of hosting a show a few months back as well, think it was the Womens World Cup. I like him.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    I agree. He's not always right but he's interesting, shares technical analysis with the viewer and isn't afraid to disagree (in an articulate and reasoned way) with his co-pundits. An asset to the team. We need more of his sort and less of Ian Botham.
    Yes, that is my favourite thing about Knight, he engages in interesting debate with his colleagues. I like most of the commentary team, but Knight adds something different and fresh, less inclined to be part of a yes-crowd.

Where's Gower been for this one by the way, haven't seen him?

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Shame they couldn't have wheeled in Willis for a game or two as well, there would be ample things for him to moan about.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Willis & Boycs would be a brilliant combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
    yep.. commentating has been really poor...

i dont know why guys like Tony Graig, Robin Jackman, Ravi shastri, Ramiz Raja and Waqar younis aren't commentating they are soo good..
    Tony Greig presumably isn't commentating because ESPN Star have realised that the guy is a ******.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    absolute rubbish. he's a joke.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl Harper View Post
    absolute rubbish. he's a joke.
    Hard to disagree with that thorough analysis.

Big fan of Nick Knight here. As others have said, he isn't afraid to make big calls that might be wrong and he always gives his opinion straight. Better than Ian Ward anyway, who is worse than useless. Never says anything remotely interesting or insightful.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Yes, that is my favourite thing about Knight, he engages in interesting debate with his colleagues. I like most of the commentary team, but Knight adds something different and fresh, less inclined to be part of a yes-crowd.

Where's Gower been for this one by the way, haven't seen him?
    Interesting. When I left England, Knight was the biggest fan boy in the Sky team.

And his one-eyed performance in India was shocking as we was getting seriously dicked in the ODI's. Maybe as Sky have extended his contract his stopped being a cheerleader.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information