• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commentary

stumpski

International Captain
England match not on Radio 4 LW or Five Live Sports Extra now. Really poor for a must-win game.

stumpski

International Captain
That's good, but don't they share coverage with about four other sports?

There must be some football news coming on soon. :dry:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On the original theme of Associate-related ignorance, cricinfo reckon Ireland are going to leave out Niall O'Brien for tomorrow's game against Bangladesh. I seriously hope that's just a boob.

Uppercut

Another rant on the commentary on Associate nations- it was repeated ad finitum yesterday, when Ireland were set 138 to win against Bangladesh, that they'd never scored more than 118 in a T20 international. Figures mean nothing without context, so have a look at the qualifiers for yourself, where Ireland won every single game they played and conditions were so bowler-friendly that only in one match did any side manage to make more than a run a ball.

It would be just as misleading for me to have pointed out that Ireland have never lost a T20 international.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Alan Wilkins is very popular here in India as a commentator/anchor, having anchored many India-specific programmes, and is one of the more neutral commentators around. When he isn't, his comments ("Would you find an Australian named Michael Vaughan? He dropped a sitter...looked a duffer", "What divine right does Yuvraj Singh have to be in the team?", "that over-rate is diabolical") are classic, because they're rare.

I'm no big fan of Bumble, we in India have not heard much of him initially, and when we did, we first thought he's Boycs minus (the legendary Yorkshireman is one of the most popular non-Indian commentators of all time here). Boycs-Bumble rivalry, when it lasted, was entertaining.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
You can't really find fault with Kumble, as it's his first run, and he talks sense. One of the few commentators we'd like to listen to.

Ganguly in the box will be worth the wait.

Uppercut

You can't really find fault with Kumble, as it's his first run, and he talks sense. One of the few commentators we'd like to listen to.

I walked past Kumble getting interviewed on Monday on the way to my seats. I never realised how fantastically good-looking he is :wub:.

Evermind

International Debutant

Arg Kumble is BORING. Awful commentator.

Shri

Mr. Glass
As far as voices are concerned, Kepler Wessels, Mbangwa, Tony Greig, Navjot Sidhu and Ravi Shastri are my personal favourites.

Dissector

International Debutant
I have been a bit disappointed with Kumble actually. Most of the time he just points out the bleedingly obvious. Hopefully he will improve as he settles in.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kumble commentry is like his bowling boring but efficient and full of thought.
Hah, yeah. Although listening to him dissect the way the spinners have been bowling is awesome. Think he's playing it on the safe side for now, being a noob and all. Hopefully with experience/confidence he will come out of his shell a bit more.

Reckon he'd be a way better fit as a Test commentator.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Loved the way Kumble stripped down the analysis of Ojha's bowling to the bare essentials in the last game. Nasser kept spouting all the BS about him being surprisingly effective despite a lack of a wrong'un and mystery ball, and all Kumble did was remind him that flight and bounce weren't exactly outdated weapons.

Smith

Banned
Loved the way Kumble stripped down the analysis of Ojha's bowling to the bare essentials in the last game. Nasser kept spouting all the BS about him being surprisingly effective despite a lack of a wrong'un and mystery ball, and all Kumble did was remind him that flight and bounce weren't exactly outdated weapons.
Yeah, Kumble is a refreshing change from all goo no content commentators. He might be conservative, but I'd listen to him for 5 days than listen to Mark Nicholas for 15 minutes.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, Kumble is a refreshing change from all goo no content commentators. He might be conservative, but I'd listen to him for 5 days than listen to Mark Nicholas for 15 minutes.
Esp. if he happens to be talking about Shane Watson's shoulders and Andrew Symonds' arms... :p