• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web's Preview of the T20 World cup

slugger

State Vice-Captain
check that out for a perdiction:

Will: The Netherlands. With Pakistan and England they're in a group with two sides prone to spontaneous combustion, and it only takes Dirk Nannes or Ryan ten Doeschate to fire for an upset to be on the cards.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:cool:

And David Lloyd said "noone can have predicted this!" on the commentary last night...

pasag

RTDAS
:cool:

And David Lloyd said "noone can have predicted this!" on the commentary last night...
Yeah that's rubbish. A lot of people thought it was a possibility. I wrote in a email to a friend the other day that there was a good chance it might happen. Same with the Ireland Pakistan game, quite a few people called it on here at the time (Prince EWS most famously) and I called Bangladesh to beat SA in the WC (and made a bit of money on it as well).

Uppercut

Yeah that's rubbish. A lot of people thought it was a possibility. I wrote in a email to a friend the other day that there was a good chance it might happen. Same with the Ireland Pakistan game, quite a few people called it on here at the time (Prince EWS most famously) and I called Bangladesh to beat SA in the WC (and made a bit of money on it as well).
There's a lot of ignorance of Associate cricket. I'm sure I'd be the same if i were from a test-playing nation, but the general attitude (personified by Scaly Piscine) is to assume they're crap because... well... everyone knows they're crap. They've never heard of any of their players, but that's just used as more evidence of how bad they are.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There's a lot of ignorance of Associate cricket. I'm sure I'd be the same if i were from a test-playing nation, but the general attitude (personified by Scaly Piscine) is to assume they're crap because... well... everyone knows they're crap. They've never heard of any of their players, but that's just used as more evidence of how bad they are.
Weird that you just said it, as I was about to say that scaly was another of the high-profile posters to predict Ireland beating Pakistan, think he did it well in advance of the tournament. Pickup called it as well, received the old Lillee-Marsh award.

In the Group B preview I said that Netherlands had a chance if England/Pakistan had one of their off-days, but I was off with this. As you said elsewhere, it was all down to the Dutch playing well rather than us playing badly (though hitting the stumps might have helped!)

Uppercut

It just seemed to be how he was seeing things, with posts like this. Nothing against him at all in truth, but Anglo-central for sure.