• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 Ranking

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, England fairly choked were outclassed last time out. There wasn't one team they lost to that wasn't a looooot better than them.

shivfan

Banned
That ranking is absolute rubbish....

Ratings should be based upon form, and on form, the WI are NOT bottom of the pile!
:laugh:
The West Indies beat England in the 20/20 in the Caribbean, and in the (unrecognised) Stanford match. Last year, they beat Australia in the only 20/20 as well. They played two 20/20s in New Zealand, and shared the result.

A proper ranking system needs to be put in place....

shivfan

Banned
I still don't see why you've ranked Australia, England and New Zealand above the WIndies in 20/20s....
:unsure:

Evermind

International Debutant
India on paper are the best T20 team. If Australia had Gilchurch, Hayden, Symonds, Watson they'd possibly be better.

SA are pretty good too, but not as good as India. Australia I think are just a little below SA.

WI are a threat in this format and should not be written off. The only team that I'm pretty sure won't win is England. Pak too, prob - too inconsistent.

NZ, Ind, WI, SA, SL - any of these 5 could win it. Gonna be exciting!

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
I
NZ, Ind, WI, SA, SL - any of these 5 could win it. Gonna be exciting!
+1 - fair assessment. That's why I don't read too much in SAs win yesterday - I would be highly surprised if England wins any game in this WC from now on.
One mustn't forget that, apart from having to be a good side, there is more luck involved in this form of the game than in any other (stating the obvious..). A couple of lucky edges can swing a game in no time....

regards

longtom