Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twenty20 Ranking

Quote Originally Posted by oitoitoi View Post
    Those rankings are a load of rubbish. With the tournament in England, and Pakistan missing so many players I reckon England actually have a chance at upsetting Pakistan. I think Kamran Akmal may well open with Butt, Butt hasn't convinced me in this format and Akmal may stuggle early on against the new ball. Put an awful lot of pressure on the Pakistani middle order. That said, Pakistan have a top bowling attack in this format.

Yeah Pakistan are missing, not 1 not 2 but 5 or 6 players
    but yet, we can beat england, & we can beat anyone else

Quote Originally Posted by rivera213 View Post
    It must just be me because I don't see beating Pakistan as an upset- even with their first XI out.

I will be disappointed if we lose to them tbph.
    & i'll be disappointed if we lose to england
    really we shouldn't be beaten by them ( cuz next 'll be netherlands, so it'll create some probs)
    but again i think we're a better team in t20 than england

U19 Vice-Captain pietersenrocks's Avatar
    England are **** at big events, and that is why Pakistan is looking stronger. IMO, England is a better T20 side, but both are really inconsistent, so can't say. Beating Pakistan will surely be no upset.

Quote Originally Posted by pietersenrocks View Post
    England are **** at big events.
    You noticed? Lol

Nasser Hussain was saying it's about time England stepped it up. A bit ironic and rich coming from him, but I agree.

I also don't like Wright opening. I'd rather Pietersen over him and tbph I wouldn't have Luke in the team just yet.
    All-Time Test XI:
    Gavaskar, Boycott, Tendulkar, G.Pollock, V.Richards, Sobers, Gilchrist (wk), Warne (c), Waqar/Wasim, Lillee, Ambrose.

U19 Vice-Captain pietersenrocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rivera213 View Post
    You noticed? Lol

Nasser Hussain was saying it's about time England stepped it up. A bit ironic and rich coming from him, but I agree.

I also don't like Wright opening. I'd rather Pietersen over him and tbph I wouldn't have Luke in the team just yet.
    The problem with Wright is that, he knows if he fails he may sit out. He panics too much at the crease and he's such a better batsman for Sussex. Young lad shouldn't feel the pressure.

Before the last WorldT20, Colly said he wants to see England performing better in big events, but we choked in 2007 too. If Colly can do it this year, we can win it.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Yeah, England fairly choked were outclassed last time out. There wasn't one team they lost to that wasn't a looooot better than them.

Banned
    That ranking is absolute rubbish....

Ratings should be based upon form, and on form, the WI are NOT bottom of the pile!

The West Indies beat England in the 20/20 in the Caribbean, and in the (unrecognised) Stanford match. Last year, they beat Australia in the only 20/20 as well. They played two 20/20s in New Zealand, and shared the result.

A proper ranking system needs to be put in place....

Banned
    I still don't see why you've ranked Australia, England and New Zealand above the WIndies in 20/20s....

International Debutant Evermind's Avatar
    India on paper are the best T20 team. If Australia had Gilchurch, Hayden, Symonds, Watson they'd possibly be better.

SA are pretty good too, but not as good as India. Australia I think are just a little below SA.

WI are a threat in this format and should not be written off. The only team that I'm pretty sure won't win is England. Pak too, prob - too inconsistent.

NZ, Ind, WI, SA, SL - any of these 5 could win it. Gonna be exciting!

School Boy/Girl Captain longtom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evermind View Post
    I
    NZ, Ind, WI, SA, SL - any of these 5 could win it. Gonna be exciting!
    +1 - fair assessment. That's why I don't read too much in SAs win yesterday - I would be highly surprised if England wins any game in this WC from now on.
    One mustn't forget that, apart from having to be a good side, there is more luck involved in this form of the game than in any other (stating the obvious..). A couple of lucky edges can swing a game in no time....

regards

longtom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information