• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Highest Run Scorer

Athlai

Not Terrible
From New Zealand the top choices would be Taylor, Guptill and McCullum.

Think India are probably the safe bet, but Sehwag and Gambhir aren't in great form. Yuvraj or Raina maybe?

South Africa with AB and Duminy could go well.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Tough question given the nature of T20.

I'm backing South Africa to make the final. So having played every game I will say J.P Duminy for leading run-scorer. Sort of cricketer who is always a chance for the 50+ score as he doesn't throw his bat around recklessly. Has IPL form behind him too.

He already sits just outside the top 10 leading international run-scorers.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Graeme Smith first
AB de Villiers second
Ravi Bopara third
Gautem Gambhir fourth
Brad Haddin fifth.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Bopara no chance, not good enough against the top attacks and England won't go far enough for him to have enough games anyway. Duminy will probably be batting at 5 which is a bit too low to be top run scorer, also if SA get a strong platform there's always the possibility of Albie being promoted ahead of him in a few games.

My money would be on Gibbs, looked like he really had this format figured in the IPL, is in the best mental state he's been in for years (always a big issue with Herschelle) and most importantly he opens, expecting SA to get to the final too so he'll have plenty of games. Suprised no one else had suggested him TBH.

Other good bets are Raina and Gambhir, Raina bats at 3 so he's got a shot, has looked awesome recently. Picking Gambhir on past performances, and again he opens in a strong side so he has max opportunities. Ponting isn't a bad shout, but I just don't think he's good enough at one day cricket any more, 3 years ago he'd have been a prime candidate. Warner is a bit too inconsistent, but one big innings could seriously boost his numbers. Smith's looked out of sorts this year, but is the type of player that could score consistently, has an awesome record in England too.

There are a lot of players who could do really well like Taylor, Gayle, and Symonds, but they either don't bat high enough or simply aren't consistent enough or play in too weak teams to be top runscorer.

Last edited:

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
Sehwag.

He had a crap IPL and will look to pwn bowling attacks from the first ball.

I also think India will at least reach the semis so he should have a number of opportunities.

I'd like Taylor or Ryder to do something big. Ryder especially since he got some 1st over jaffas in the IPL and was then injured.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Bopara no chance, not good enough against the top attacks and England won't go far enough for him to have enough games anyway.
Bopara is in incredible form, and finally finding his game at the top of the order. He performed solidly in the IPL, scored 3 hundreds on the trot in Test cricket (even if that was against the Windies it's still an impressive feat) and in the 1 Essex T20 game I've seen on Sky this season he batted beautifully. I think he could definitely be an outside bet for leading run scorer, especially in home conditions.