• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Something NO ONE HAS NOTICED

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Well check this out
i just visited ICC website & found Schedule of the matches
something i ignored last time, would like you guys to take a look at & tell if i'm rite or wrong
Super Eight - Groups
Group E
A1
B2
C1
D2

Group F
B1
A2
C2
D1

The top two ranked teams in each group are seeded 1 and 2. They will retain this seeding for the Super Eights stage, irrespective of whether they finish first or second in their group, unless they are knocked out by team 3 in their group. In this instance, team 3 replaces the position of the team they knock out.

For example, if Bangladesh wins Group A and India comes second, for the purposes of the Super Eights, India will still be A1 and Bangladesh will be A2. If for example, Ireland qualifies instead of India, Ireland will become A1.

This formula provides spectators with certainty as to the location of team matches.

now what i can understand is Group E will have INDIA, ENGLAND, AUSTRALIA & SOUTH AFRICA
Group F will consist of PAKISTAN, BANGLADESH, SRILANKA & NEWZEALAND
No matter what the standings are
unless 1 of these will be knocked out of the tournament by the team which was not giving the rankings of like D8 etc

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
yeah i'm happy with this group lol
i wish westindies qualifying rather than srilankans
not against srilanka
but it'll be a bit easier for Pakistan to qualify for the semi's lol
if westindies qualify for super 8's
probably Newzealand & Pakistan 'll qualify for the semi's
& from the other group Australia & India 'll qualify, that's my guess
Semi finals
India vs Pakistan
Australia Vs Newzealand
it'll be great lol

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
What sort of cynical **&*!£! charges 90£ for a piece of paper and use of a chair :laugh:

Last edited:

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
I lol'd.

Back on topic, I don't think it's a good idea. Teams performing best in the league are best, no matter what their ranks are. Now, even if England beat Pakistan, they will still end up in a tough group. And, don't tell me that points of League stage won't be carried over??

cricman

International 12th Man
And, don't tell me that points of League stage won't be carried over??
Didn't Know that until I read the Cricinfo Article, unfair to the team that Wins the Group. But gives a Level Playing to a team like Bangladesh or Ireland and to the Runners Up in the Windies/Lanka/Aus Group.

good idea this, ensures big crowds at big games, and buying a £90 ticket isn't a lottery.
Remember when Pakistan vs India turned into, Bangladesh vs Ireland?

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't Know that until I read the Cricinfo Article, unfair to the team that Wins the Group. But gives a Level Playing to a team like Bangladesh or Ireland and to the Runners Up in the Windies/Lanka/Aus Group.

Remember when Pakistan vs India turned into, Bangladesh vs Ireland?
We shouldn't just focus on times when the ticket-buyers were lucky though. Sometimes they'll end up getting a worse match than they thought they would get when they bought the tickets.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Been a few comments in the media here about England's tough draw, but to be honest if I'd have done the draw it would probably have been harder.

My Rankings would have been

1. India
2. South Africa
3. Australia
4. Sri Lanka
5. New Zealand
6. Pakistan
7. West Indies
8. England
9. Bangladesh
10. Ireland
11. Netherlands
12. Scotland

and the groups would have been India, England, Bangladesh(1,8,9), SA, WI, Ireland (2,7,10), Australia, Pakistan, Netherlands(3,6,11) and SL, NZ, Scotland (4,5,12)

Then the next stage would be India, SL, WI, Pakistan & Australia, SA, NZ, England/Bangladesh

Suppose some might argue over whether England should be ranked ahead of Bangladesh or behind but it wouldn't matter in this scenario anyway. Super stage would be a little bit easier with NZ instead of India but then the group is a lot harder

2freddie

Cricket Spectator
Yeh i noticed this haha. its studpic but good at the same time, as when i was purchasing my super eights ticket at the oval i can now pretty much be sure its going to be aus vs sa and nz vs pak - not bad eh 8-)

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
I lol'd.

Back on topic, I don't think it's a good idea. Teams performing best in the league are best, no matter what their ranks are. Now, even if England beat Pakistan, they will still end up in a tough group. And, don't tell me that points of League stage won't be carried over??
you are right!!!
england will be in group E with Australia, india & south africa

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
I lol'd.

yeah points will not be caried over

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Been a few comments in the media here about England's tough draw, but to be honest if I'd have done the draw it would probably have been harder.

1. India
2. South Africa
3. Australia
4. Sri Lanka
5. New Zealand
6. Pakistan
7. West Indies
8. England
9. Bangladesh
10. Ireland
11. Netherlands
12. Scotland

and the groups would have been India, England, Bangladesh(1,8,9), SA, WI, Ireland (2,7,10), Australia, Pakistan, Netherlands(3,6,11) and SL, NZ, Scotland (4,5,12)

Then the next stage would be India, SL, WI, Pakistan & Australia, SA, NZ, England/Bangladesh

Suppose some might argue over whether England should be ranked ahead of Bangladesh or behind but it wouldn't matter in this scenario anyway. Super stage would be a little bit easier with NZ instead of India but then the group is a lot harder
but Sir, ICC ranked teams according to the last T20 results
only because there is no rankings system
so the best thing for the ICC for he next tournament would be to introduce RANKINGS FOR THE TWENTY20

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain

1. India
2. South Africa
3. Australia
4. Sri Lanka
5. New Zealand
6. Pakistan
7. West Indies
8. England
9. Bangladesh
10. Ireland
11. Netherlands
12. Scotland

Why would you have Windies above England, eh??

They were thrashed by Bang, last time around.

Also, reading your post makes me feel 'England are T20 minnows'...What The______???