Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand- could they just win it?

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Ok, SP here is a challenge for you: Name me two NZ cricketer's you rate, hell even one.
    Try naming two English cricketers that have been genuinely world class in the last couple of years...Flintoff when he is playing and ahhhh that South African bloke Others in spits and spurts.

Obviously over cricket's lifetime there are a lot more than that.

I think NZ have a decent chance of winning, and I hope they do. I'm supporting them and the WI now Australia's out.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave View Post
    Broken nail?

Was just about to type 'split ends' when I read that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Who gives a crap if NZ actually turn up for meaningless OD series? Neither have won the WC so as far as proper competition goes they're both equally useless. England are still more likely to win one at some point than NZ, because total mediocrity doesn't beat the world's best when it matters and England are far more likely to find the quality required than NZ.
    Not really, as NZ have been a far better OD side than England for quite a while now. Most English fans here seem to have conceded that England have been really poor in OD matches for a sustained period.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Who gives a crap if NZ actually turn up for meaningless OD series? Neither have won the WC so as far as proper competition goes they're both equally useless. England are still more likely to win one at some point than NZ, because total mediocrity doesn't beat the world's best when it matters and England are far more likely to find the quality required than NZ.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    I love you Scaly, you're such a randomly NZ hating ******** donkey that it makes my day to come into this thread and read your posts. I'm in a good mood atm so i cbf proving you wrong (not that there's much need). You'll probably have a boo boo and report the post but meh, someone needed to tell the truth.
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

The above post needs more swears.

The above post needs more swears.
    Wouldn't want to have a dirty ****ing mouth now would I?

Thats more like it.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Not really, as NZ have been a far better OD side than England for quite a while now. Most English fans here seem to have conceded that England have been really poor in OD matches for a sustained period.
    Not true Coco, they're merely inconsistent. Since beating New Zealand and Australia in the tri-series following their whitewash, England have won series against South Africa, India, Sri Lanka and the West Indies twice. In that time they've lost series to the West Indies once, New Zealand twice and India. Truth be told, that's not a bad record at all over the last 2 1/2 years, but they failed big when it mattered- in the World Cup- and have a habit of copping unspeakable abuse when they fail in ODIs but not getting any credit when they win.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

England actualy have the makings of a good team, they're just wierd, a lot of their reserves are absolute crap and so are some unblelieveable first teamers (cough, Wright).

They should do better, but they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    Delusional as always.
    You moan and groan over NZ fans being optimistic about their teams chance of winning something, yet at the same time you feel that your team (England) has a better chance than them.

Hmmmm, I wonder who is being more realistic.....
    You are missing the whole point.

It's not about being consistently good in meaningless ODI 300 match series. To win a World Cup you have to have the capability of performing to a very high standard. New Zealand do not have that capacity because they do not have the quality. England can hit the necessary heights occasionally and that means England at least have a puncher's chance of winning a big global competition. New Zealand can only win by default - ie opponents playing to a mediocre standard throughout the knockout stages which is highly unlikely.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Not true Coco, they're merely inconsistent. Since beating New Zealand and Australia in the tri-series following their whitewash, England have won series against South Africa, India, Sri Lanka and the West Indies twice. In that time they've lost series to the West Indies once, New Zealand twice and India. Truth be told, that's not a bad record at all over the last 2 1/2 years, but they failed big when it mattered- in the World Cup- and have a habit of copping unspeakable abuse when they fail in ODIs but not getting any credit when they win.
    It's possible I've taken more notice of this then than their successes. I don't have the satellite TV capabilities (especially in this country) to follow their every move. The last time I recall them being talked about as being poor was a while back too - possibly before they beat us at home in '06. I assumed they'd carried on in that fashion.

New Zealand weren't poor by the same standards though, and they seemingly do better than expected in big competitions so I don't think Scaly's summation of their chances is fair.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Our record in ODI's is probably better than our test record of late
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    New Zealand weren't poor by the same standards though, and they seemingly do better than expected in big competitions so I don't think Scaly's summation of their chances is fair.
    Exactly. Scaly's "England more likely to produce quality" line may sound good in theory, but I'd say the team that consistently fails at the business end is more likely to give themselves a chance to win a big tournament than the team that consistently fails to even reach the business end.

GGG
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    Exactly. Scaly's England more likely to produce quality" line may sound good in theory, but I'd say the team that consistently fails at the business end is more likely to give themselves a chance to win a big tournament than the team that consistently fails to even reach the business end.
    Come on lets be honest, who in the England team would even make the NZ 20/20 side, Pieterson, Anderson and ?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information