Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand- could they just win it?

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by rivera213 View Post
    I'm sure Ross Taylor would rather be touted as the next Martin Crowe than Bradman.
    Sacrilege.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Haha, can see that being a common post the way this thread is going.
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by oitoitoi View Post
    Sacrilege.
    Ha ha.

All-Time Test XI:
    Gavaskar, Boycott, Tendulkar, G.Pollock, V.Richards, Sobers, Gilchrist (wk), Warne (c), Waqar/Wasim, Lillee, Ambrose.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    They should...

They have an awesome top 4/5...
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Ok, SP here is a challenge for you: Name me two NZ cricketer's you rate, hell even one.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Hadlee to be his answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Hadlee to be his answer.
    Over-rated. Didn't have another strike bowler at his end like Lillee had or any othe the West Indian 'big four'.

(I'm being sarcastic)

Plops Champion! Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Over-rated. Didn't have another strike bowler at his end like Lillee had or any othe the West Indian 'big four'.

(I'm being sarcastic)
    Direbirds FTW!

Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Bond, the only NZ cricketer in the last few years who is genuinely world class. Vettori only squeaks in if you restrict it to limited overs.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Haven't lost to the Netherlands though

So basically, for an NZer to be rated by you they have to be world class? coz buddy, Collingwood, Harmison and Onions ain't world class, yet you're in love with them.

Not that I really care what you think, I just like venting at you. Its healthy for me.

New Zealand are the third favourites behind South Africa and India.

I see the list as below -

South Africa
    India
    New Zealand
    Australia
    West Indies
    Sri Lanka
    Pakistan
    England
    Bangladesh

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Bond, the only NZ cricketer in the last few years who is genuinely world class. Vettori only squeaks in if you restrict it to limited overs.
    Probably a fair call that, although both Ryder & Taylor have the potential to be world-class IMHO.

Incidentally Scaly, question for you - How many English-born players have been genuinely world class in the last few years? Flintoff and ???

Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12 View Post
    Probably a fair call that, although both Ryder & Taylor have the potential to be world-class IMHO.

Incidentally Scaly, question for you - How many English-born players have been genuinely world class in the last few years? Flintoff and ???
    KP. A few others could potentially get there. In 5 years one or two probably will have.

Taylor doesn't have the potential to be world class yet. He's a guy who has to take big risks to score, just a random player who NZ fans will blame everything under the sun when he fails and proclaim him as god when he comes off (largely against mediocre bowling on a road). Haven't seen much of Ryder yet but he's a lot of things to do to make it. The fact that he's in that condition and has the problems that he has and still looks a class above the rest of the NZ side tells you that he has talent and that NZ as a whole don't. That again brings me back to why NZ are very unlikely to win anything, they can't raise their game to the levels that most other teams can.

Plops Champion! Tournaments Won: 2
    Taylor almost always fails when the bowlings easy its one of his worst faults. He just loses concentration and does something stupid.

In fact I don't think he played better than when he was in Australia in hard conditions with the team falling to pieces around him. He really had to stick his head down, though often got after breaks in play due to his aforementioned problems with concentration.

GGG
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    KP. A few others could potentially get there. In 5 years one or two probably will have.

Taylor doesn't have the potential to be world class yet. He's a guy who has to take big risks to score, just a random player who NZ fans will blame everything under the sun when he fails and proclaim him as god when he comes off (largely against mediocre bowling on a road). Haven't seen much of Ryder yet but he's a lot of things to do to make it. The fact that he's in that condition and has the problems that he has and still looks a class above the rest of the NZ side tells you that he has talent and that NZ as a whole don't. That again brings me back to why NZ are very unlikely to win anything, they can't raise their game to the levels that most other teams can.
    So zero English born players then. "proclaim him as god when he comes off (largely against mediocre bowling on a road).", haha he has scored most of his test runs vs England and averages 50 vs that mob of mediocre bowlers, 64 v India, 40 v AUS but only 13 against the power house bowling attack of bangladesh .

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information