Cricket Player Manager
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand- could they just win it?

Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    Well lets compare it to England' shell we.

1.Key
    2.Bopara
    3.Pietersen
    4.Shah
    5.Collingwood.

If your calling NZ's top five horrible, whats the word to describe this bunch.

Australia's top five is also pretty bad:

Warner
    Watson
    Ponting
    D.Hussey
    Symonds

Warner's crap, he is good for maybe 15-20 till he gets out. I haven't seen Watson for ages so I have no idea. Ponting is rubbish, and Dave Hussey is yet to prove anything at the international level. Symonds should be good though.
    ****** yeah if not better, newzealand's top order is as good as of any other team, certainly far better than England's top order, but i hope both these teams do well, & 1 of them wins, in case my team doesn't manage to win lol*******

Quote Originally Posted by rivera213 View Post
    A statistical comparison of NZ to India and South Africa:

McCullum- 27.71 @ 125.43sr
    Ryder- 22.53 @ 121.62sr
    Guptill- 17 @ 104.08sr (3 games only)
    Taylor- 20.19 @ 127.66sr
    Oram- 24.42 @ 156.68sr
    Styris- 19.43 @ 113.33sr

Top 6 (combined) run average of 131.28 at a strike rate of 124.8

----------------

Sehwag- 22.27 @ 144.80sr
    Gambhir- 29.81 @ 126.64sr
    Raina- 24.75 @ 126.92sr
    Rohit- 17.83 @ 122.98sr
    Yuvraj- 29.11 @ 164.77sr
    Dhoni- 17.92 @ 103.86sr

141.69 @ 131.66sr

---------------

Smith- 30.33 @ 127.27sr
    Gibbs- 17.5 @ 133.15sr
    Kallis- 10.75 @ 102.38sr (only 4 matches)
    De Villiers- 12.57 @ 107.31sr
    Duminy- 27.9 @ 133.49sr
    A.Morkel- 21.85 @ 139.9sr

120.9 @ 123.93sr

Take from it what you will and bare in mind South Africa have recently face Australia and a pissed-off Tait.

Definitely not a crap top 6 by any means. I wish we had 1 as good!
    There have been few T20Is played so statistically you'll not get much out of it, you also have players who've improved markedly or didn't take it seriously initially. Kallis for instance is a lot better than he used to be in T20, he could probably average 25-30 at a SR of 115-120. Not barnstorming by any means but a big improvement. De Villiers is clearly better than those stats, as is Dhoni whilst Albie Morkel is a far better late over hitter than Oram.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    And Taylor and Guptill are far better than those stats suggest, McCullum has over 1000 international runs in the format so you can't really count him out.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    bonked would yield a better triple word score.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    There have been few T20Is played so statistically you'll not get much out of it, you also have players who've improved markedly or didn't take it seriously initially. Kallis for instance is a lot better than he used to be in T20, he could probably average 25-30 at a SR of 115-120. Not barnstorming by any means but a big improvement. De Villiers is clearly better than those stats, as is Dhoni whilst Albie Morkel is a far better late over hitter than Oram.
    So your telling us that a whole lot of other players should or will have better stats, what about Taylor's and Guptill's. Even Ryder's will improve, and to say Morkel is a better late over hitter then Oram is laughable.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DG Brownlie, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

Interesting analysis.

I thought you were suppose to be smart, but obviously not as your argument has some serious (and obvious) holes.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    AKA I'm a skanky xenophobe syndrome
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

So your telling us that a whole lot of other players should or will have better stats, what about Taylor's and Guptill's. Even Ryder's will improve, and to say Morkel is a better late over hitter then Oram is laughable.
    Is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Is it?
    Well Oram is clearly the better batsman, and is probably just as equal to Morkel on the hitting stakes, though Morkel could win slightly I guess.

Sorry but where has Ryder shown he's any glimpses of being a good T20 player? Certainly didn't in the IPL. His stats will get worse if anything. Oram's stats will nosedive dramatically if he's anything like as bad as he was in the IPL. Taylor's will go up if he comes off, but his average will never be that high. McCullum will go down once he's up against good bowling when it matters, as is the case generally with NZ who punch above their weight in meaningless games then their lack of quality is shown in the meaningful games when the big boys show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Well Oram is clearly the better batsman, and is probably just as equal to Morkel on the hitting stakes, though Morkel could win slightly I guess.
    Clearly the better batsman my arse. Morkel averages 41 in FC cricket to Oram's 33. Just because he plays the hitter role for Safrica doesn't mean he can't bat well the orthodox way.

Clearly the better batsman my arse. Morkel averages 41 in FC cricket to Oram's 33. Just because he plays the hitter role for Safrica doesn't mean he can't bat well the orthodox way.
    He may average 41 but the South African's don't believe he will ever be good enough to be a proper test all-rounder.

Albie Morkel bats at 8 for SA doesn't he? Also Orams test average is better by far than his FC one. Albie hasn't played a lot of tests yet, so who knows where he'll end up but atm the odds are easliy stacked in favour of Oram.

If I had to pick one to bat for my life, I'd pick Oram over Albie.

Sorry but where has Ryder shown he's any glimpses of being a good T20 player? Certainly didn't in the IPL. His stats will get worse if anything. Oram's stats will nosedive dramatically if he's anything like as bad as he was in the IPL. Taylor's will go up if he comes off, but his average will never be that high. McCullum will go down once he's up against good bowling when it matters, as is the case generally with NZ who punch above their weight in meaningless games then their lack of quality is shown in the meaningful games when the big boys show up.

So how much worse will his test match stats get, will they be down to the mid 20's shortly will they. Ryder will only get better in 20/20 cricket, he is only 24. And in the last three 20/20 internationals McCullum has scored three 50's, guiding NZ home twice. Your jealously towards NZ cricketers is very apparent.

So how much worse will his test match stats get, will they be down to the mid 20's shortly will they. Ryder will only get better in 20/20 cricket, he is only 24. And in the last three 20/20 internationals McCullum has scored three 50's, guiding NZ home twice. Your jealously towards NZ cricketers is very apparent.
    Woo, woo, woo. When arguing with Scaly, don't help him by talking tests when we're talking 20/20.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information