Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: New Zealand- could they just win it?

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    If you're talking T20 then Wright is a better option than Oram, easily. Generally speaking NZ's seam options aren't much better than Wright.
    Well I don't think Oram should be in our T20 TBH.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    you talking about a player that averages 20 and a sr of 140 vs a guy with a average of 33 sr 150... oh he got some runs vs holland lmao, he is a poor mans afridi and thats saying something.
    All in meaningless games, tbh.

GGG
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    All in meaningless games, tbh.
    Yeah I deleted that post because he was talking bowling. anyway maybe we will face England in semis and it will give them a chance to beat us in a OD game for the first time in a world cup comp since 83?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Lol at this conversation, just lol. Thats all the maturity I have for it.

Well done to those that are arguing with him though, I don't generally have that tolerance.
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12 View Post
    For a scrabble champ, you don't read too well, I said English-born players, so KP is out on this one sorry, try again
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12 View Post
    Sorry, still waiting for your answer to the question. You've happily stated that Bond is the only genuine world-class player NZ have had in the last few years, so I ask you again, name any genuinely World-class English-born players aside from Flintoff in the last few years.

My point being, its ain't really a lot different, apart from the fact England have around 15 times the population of NZ. The fact remains, NZ have a better limited over team than England and have so for a good few years now (and if you still can't see that given just about every other Englishman I know has conceded NZ is a better limited overs side than England, then you are well-truly blind) and England have the better test side.
    What does english-born actually mean? Born in England? Meh, why does that matter. English parentage? KP ticks the box.

It's such an irrelevant point that's brought up whenever KP is lauded. He plays for England, and he's world-class, who gives a **** about anything else?
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Banned
    Is Grant Elliot world class? I'll try not to be mean here but when was the last time New Zealand has won a tournament? They should have beaten SL in the WC semi final with their powerful batting line up back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferiority View Post
    Is Grant Elliot world class? I'll try not to be mean here but when was the last time New Zealand has won a tournament? They should have beaten SL in the WC semi final with their powerful batting line up back then.
    Champions trophy.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    For sure, completely agree with the Kiwis here. But New Zealand being much better than England =/ "England have been really poor in OD matches for a sustained period."
    Exactly, which is why I said "It's possible I've taken more notice of this then than their successes. I don't have the satellite TV capabilities (especially in this country) to follow their every move. The last time I recall them being talked about as being poor was a while back too - possibly before they beat us at home in '06. I assumed they'd carried on in that fashion"

4 'th' words in a row in the first sentence too. Must be some kind of thet up.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

In response to the thread title, probably not now that there's a long injury list, for which the replacements aren't quite equal. I wouldn't be too surprised if they made it to the semi finals, but any further is pushing it. Good thing is, I won't be waiting for the seasons to change before I found out whether I'm right or wrong.
    "The absolute worst thing anyone could say about you is that you were a selfish, moral blank, whose lazy cynicism and sneering, ironic take on the world encapsulates everything wrong with a generation. But you, my friend, are not evil."

Quote Originally Posted by Inferiority View Post
    Duh

U19 Debutant
    Well I don't think Oram should be in our T20 TBH.
    Neither do I. Most overrated player in our lineup. I don't think he's actually won us a game yet in any form of cricket. I always seem to recall him playing his best cricket when we lose or come agonisingly close to winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter View Post
    Neither do I. Most overrated player in our lineup. I don't think he's actually won us a game yet in any form of cricket. I always seem to recall him playing his best cricket when we lose or come agonisingly close to winning.
    Without going cricinfo hunting, the first WC game vs England and scoring a hundred to save our arses against England in a test are two top of the head examples.

Without going cricinfo hunting, the first WC game vs England and scoring a hundred to save our arses against England in a test are two top of the head examples.
    Without looking it up that game against the Poms was Styris too wasn't it?

Without looking it up that game against the Poms was Styris too wasn't it?
    Yeah, it was a collaborative effort. Still, thats whats needed really. Hard to win games single handedly, so it doesn't happen often.

Unless you're Adam Gilchrist.

Yeah, it was a collaborative effort. Still, thats whats needed really. Hard to win games single handedly, so it doesn't happen often.

Unless you're Adam Gilchrist.
    Well McCullum, Ryder, Taylor, Styris and even Vettori have all figuratively won a match almost by themselves IIRC. Oram's best effort was that 100 against Aus but just coming up short, so a losing cause.

Don't think T20 is the right format for big Jake.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information