• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

gilchrist

cover drive man

International Captain
Is their any reason why gilchrist cant play in the 2020 world cup.can the the aussies bring him out of semi retirement if so what a bonus he would be..

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Numerous reasons why Gilchrist won't play.

- The final squads have already been submitted
- Gilchrist has retired
- Australian selectors would never ask a retired player to return
- Gilchrist will most likely be pleased to have a break after the IPL
- Is there really any motivation for Gilchrist to come back? Money? No, Fame? No, Fun? Probably not

Great player that he is, his time is up now.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Will it give Australia a greater chance of winning the world cup? Yes
Is winning the goal of Australia's cricket team? Yes
Is Gilly in good form? Yes
Is he better than any other opening option, ahem Michael Clarke? **** yes

In conclusion, I have totally debunked your arguments.

**** that the squads have already been announced. **** this by the book ****, boards are becoming just like the Japanese. Make changes and take a punt and excite the publich FFS.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT

**** that the squads have already been announced. **** this by the book ****, boards are becoming just like the Japanese. Make changes and take a punt and excite the publich FFS.
You're cool hey.

jondavluc

State Regular
He could but I hope the selectors would be better than that.Not that I wouldn't mind seeing him and we do need someone like that in our twenty twenty team.I just feel it would be self serving from the selectors to ask him back like that.He quit for a reason so he can spend more time with his family and I don't think it would be right to ask him back.If he offers to come back though I say take it!!!!!.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Principal reason he likely won't play is that he doesn't want to, much as it'd be great to have him there.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I don't want him back anyway. He ha retired from international cricket, that is that. Done and dusted. Plus, we don't need to bring, him back. It's not like we are in dire jeopardy of coming last or anything important. I couldn't care less if we came last or first anyway.

Smith

Banned

There is some ICC ruling that one announced, barring replacements for injury, the squad cannot be modified.

Plus, Haddin poor would have to put up with a lot of sledges his way. "Hey you are that good that they had to bring in a guy out of retirement?"

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
I don't want him back anyway. He ha retired from international cricket, that is that. Done and dusted. Plus, we don't need to bring, him back. It's not like we are in dire jeopardy of coming last or anything important. I couldn't care less if we came last or first anyway.
Yes we do. I can't be bothered looking for the stat, but we are terrible overseas in T20 cricket.