• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Akhtar out of World Cup

Smith

Banned
man what i said was he used KUSHTE, & it wasn't a banned thing here in Pakistan, cuz people didn't know that some banned substance is used in KUSHTE
many boys used them cuz they didn't even know, that's why PCB has now banned these.
Whereas in a country like Australia, most of people would now what 's legal what's illegal, if warne was banned cuz he didn't use illegal stuff, then i guess why did Cricket banned him? They were wrong then, they made mess of one year of his cricketing career
Because if as an International cricketer, he does not bother about what he sneezes up his lungs, or injects into his veins, then he deserves to be banned.

Smith

Banned
CHEATS, harsh word
that's what Daryl Hair used also
first prove it, then call him Cheat
he was never tested positive by the tests of ICC
but again i'll say, his career is almost over, so no point of discussing it
He is a cheat only if caught by ICC?

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
He is a cheat only if caught by ICC?
then i can say many players look like drug addict
but i 'll 've no proof
but again
i'm not going fight here over nothing
so it's my last post in this topic
you think, he's a cheat, then he'll be a cheat for you
i say he isn't a cheat, so he's not a cheat for me
end of the story :)

Smith

Banned
then i can say many players look like drug addict
but i 'll 've no proof
but again
i'm not going fight here over nothing
so it's my last post in this topic
you think, he's a cheat, then he'll be a cheat for you
i say he isn't a cheat, so he's not a cheat for me
end of the story :)
We are hardly talking about just looks here right? The chap was called up twice after genuine tests right?

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
He was a cheat. An exciting cheat but a cheat nonetheless. Problem is, how can you know if he cheated his WHOLE career? The argument once a cheat always a cheat only works AFTER one has been found guilty of cheating. Just like a thief may always be a thief once he has stolen but he wasn't born a thief and there were times where he wasn't a thief.

Like if I decided to steal something today for the first time today and get caught, and continued a life of crime, that doesn't mean I always stole. Benefit of the doubt must be given.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He was a cheat. An exciting cheat but a cheat nonetheless. Problem is, how can you know if he cheated his WHOLE career? The argument once a cheat always a cheat only works AFTER one has been found guilty of cheating. Just like a thief may always be a thief once he has stolen but he wasn't born a thief and there were times where he wasn't a thief.

Like if I decided to steal something today for the first time today and get caught, and continued a life of crime, that doesn't mean I always stole. Benefit of the doubt must be given.
Legally they get the benefit of the doubt. As far as I'm concerned if you've got loads of flash stuff in your house from the past 10 years you are sure as hell not going to get the benefit of doubt from me.

Athlai

Not Terrible
How about if you are a teacher who one day fiddles with some kids. Reckon it'd be fair enough to scrutinize over their prior record.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why is he ruled out? I thought dot balls was meant to be a good thing for a bowler. :p