• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Women's Twenty20 World Cup

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Fixtures

Starts a week after the men, and finishes with semi's and final as the 'warm-up' games for the men's equivalent matches.

I reckon England are in with a good chance, but we'll see how they go for coping with the pressure of being favourites and also at home. I reckon whoever wins will be whoever deals best with playing in front of a big crowd. I think quite a lot of people will turn up to watch who have tickets for the men's match, and these players will never really have had to play in front of such a big crowd before.

Dydl

International Debutant
Glad you made this thread. :)

Am really looking forward to seeing how they all go, especially after what happened in the World Cup over here. Believe Australia beat England last time they played a Twenty20, which was also a warm-up for the men's match, so should be very interesting to see what happens there.

I reckon England are in with a good chance, but we'll see how they go for coping with the pressure of being favourites and also at home.
Same scenario as it was for Aus with the World Cup, and we all know what happened there...

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
I honestly think we'll win.

My mum is a recent cricket fan (thanks to Twenty 20, she now watches tests and everything!) and we watched the ODI World Cup so hopefully we'll make it a double.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
England , Australia & Newzealand , one of these 'll win it
England 'll 've more chances to win it cuz of better players( never watched woman cricket before except last world cup) so i guess england 'll 've more chances
& about Pakistan, well maybe they 'll win 1 match depending upon which team do they play against :D

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
It will be interesting to see the firepower of these girls........ I am not sure about the chances for India... but I go for India........and I am always with India only:)

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia have beaten NZ quite happily in the warm-ups. England don't seem to be having any warm-up matches at the moment, I hope that they're playing somewhere.

Dydl

International Debutant
Some really good bowling performances there by the Aussies, NZ really struggled.

Pretty happy with how we shaped up there. :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Seriously though, aren't England favourites for this? Didn't they win the ODI World Cup too?

Stuart Broad wouldn't be good enough to make the team, surely...