Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Women's Twenty20 World Cup

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Yeesh, just switched on to see how it was going and immediately wished I hadn't bothered.

Big drop off in the bowling after Laura Marsh.

Watching highlights, looks like Colvin bowled a lot of long hops.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

International Debutant
    Only six off the last 2 overs, so wish I could watch this.

Stupid Channel Nine.

So hope we can keep this up. Chances are we'd lose to NZ in the final anyway, so... take from it what you will.
    Supporting: NSW & Australia, women's cricket

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Third wicket pair keeping England hopes alive.

16 from 14 balls now.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the best player in the world coming to the party.

Awesome.

Wasn't expect England to chase that. Super stuff.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Huge win for Taylor and England - not just because it was a semi-final, but it was the equivalent of chasing 200 in a men's game. Great stuff.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Great chase, didn't think we had a chance when they posted that total. Shame i missed it just got in from work now. At least ill get to watch the final on sunday
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

That's such an awesome chase. Watched a few overs of it. Terrific batting.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Watched the whole game. Not usually a big fan of women's cricket, but that game was really excellent. Claire Taylor is a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Watched the whole game. Not usually a big fan of women's cricket, but that game was really excellent. Claire Taylor is a gun.
    When NZ/England/Australia play each other, you usually see some quality cricket. They're well worth watching if they're playing each other, as you've found out.

It's just the countries outside these three that are currently pretty poor. Hopefully they'll improve and the women's game will go from strength to strength.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    This is exactly the type of response we need. Those games are just great for getting the public more into the women's game. Perfect game to be played before the men's semi. Great exhibition. As both captains said;

Rolton: Hopefully there is bigger and better things to come for Women's cricket.
    Edwards: This was a massive shake-up for Women's cricket

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    When NZ/England/Australia play each other, you usually see some quality cricket. They're well worth watching if they're playing each other, as you've found out.

It's just the countries outside these three that are currently pretty poor. Hopefully they'll improve and the women's game will go from strength to strength.
    Yeah, pretty much always put on a good match. It's just a shame that the other four countries are so far behind in terms of competitivenss, but there have been some promising signs recently, so I have hope.

India not bad though, they did beat us twice in March, although we were pretty dismal then...

Ashes should be pretty awesome if both teams play like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dydl View Post
    Yeah, pretty much always put on a good match. It's just a shame that the other four countries are so far behind in terms of competitivenss, but there have been some promising signs recently, so I have hope.

India not bad though, they did beat us twice in March, although we were pretty dismal then...

Ashes should be pretty awesome if both teams play like this.
    Yeah, promising signs which is good news. Would be nice to see one of the top three get knocked over a bit more.

New Zealand are certainly going to have to do it tough in the final. The batting power of the English women is incredible.

Oh, there's another Ashes series for the women too? I didn't hear about that, got any details? Hope it's more than just one Test this time.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Oh, there's another Ashes series for the women too? I didn't hear about that, got any details? Hope it's more than just one Test this time.
    Unfortunately no, still the one Test. Women play so few Tests, it's all ODIs.

There's one T20 on Thursday, which should be awesome if this match was anything to go by. Then there's 5 ODIs from Monday week, with the last one at Lord's, which should be an absolute thrill for all of the players, and great for the profile of the game. And the test finishes off the tour, running from the 10-13th July, so relatively parallel with the men's.

It's great timing for the tour, considering the publicity the World Twenty20's generated, and the form the two teams are in right now.

Series home here, but not much on it yet. Just details on fixtures.

I only saw the last 10 overs or so, but was majorly impressed with Taylor's innings, and the big partnership.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information