• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Women's Twenty20 World Cup

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeesh, just switched on to see how it was going and immediately wished I hadn't bothered. :mellow:

Big drop off in the bowling after Laura Marsh.

Watching highlights, looks like Colvin bowled a lot of long hops.

Dydl

International Debutant
Only six off the last 2 overs, so wish I could watch this.

Stupid Channel Nine. :@

So hope we can keep this up. Chances are we'd lose to NZ in the final anyway, so... take from it what you will.

stumpski

International Captain
Huge win for Taylor and England - not just because it was a semi-final, but it was the equivalent of chasing 200 in a men's game. Great stuff. :)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Great chase, didn't think we had a chance when they posted that total. Shame i missed it just got in from work now. At least ill get to watch the final on sunday

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Watched the whole game. Not usually a big fan of women's cricket, but that game was really excellent. Claire Taylor is a gun.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Watched the whole game. Not usually a big fan of women's cricket, but that game was really excellent. Claire Taylor is a gun.
When NZ/England/Australia play each other, you usually see some quality cricket. They're well worth watching if they're playing each other, as you've found out.

It's just the countries outside these three that are currently pretty poor. Hopefully they'll improve and the women's game will go from strength to strength.

Dydl

International Debutant
This is exactly the type of response we need. Those games are just great for getting the public more into the women's game. Perfect game to be played before the men's semi. Great exhibition. As both captains said;

Rolton: Hopefully there is bigger and better things to come for Women's cricket.
Edwards: This was a massive shake-up for Women's cricket

When NZ/England/Australia play each other, you usually see some quality cricket. They're well worth watching if they're playing each other, as you've found out.

It's just the countries outside these three that are currently pretty poor. Hopefully they'll improve and the women's game will go from strength to strength.
Yeah, pretty much always put on a good match. It's just a shame that the other four countries are so far behind in terms of competitivenss, but there have been some promising signs recently, so I have hope.

India not bad though, they did beat us twice in March, although we were pretty dismal then...

Ashes should be pretty awesome if both teams play like this.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yeah, pretty much always put on a good match. It's just a shame that the other four countries are so far behind in terms of competitivenss, but there have been some promising signs recently, so I have hope.

India not bad though, they did beat us twice in March, although we were pretty dismal then...

Ashes should be pretty awesome if both teams play like this.
Yeah, promising signs which is good news. Would be nice to see one of the top three get knocked over a bit more.

New Zealand are certainly going to have to do it tough in the final. The batting power of the English women is incredible.

Oh, there's another Ashes series for the women too? I didn't hear about that, got any details? Hope it's more than just one Test this time.

Dydl

International Debutant
Oh, there's another Ashes series for the women too? I didn't hear about that, got any details? Hope it's more than just one Test this time.
Unfortunately no, still the one Test. Women play so few Tests, it's all ODIs.

There's one T20 on Thursday, which should be awesome if this match was anything to go by. Then there's 5 ODIs from Monday week, with the last one at Lord's, which should be an absolute thrill for all of the players, and great for the profile of the game. And the test finishes off the tour, running from the 10-13th July, so relatively parallel with the men's.

It's great timing for the tour, considering the publicity the World Twenty20's generated, and the form the two teams are in right now.

Series home here, but not much on it yet. Just details on fixtures.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I only saw the last 10 overs or so, but was majorly impressed with Taylor's innings, and the big partnership.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Unfortunately no, still the one Test. Women play so few Tests, it's all ODIs.

There's one T20 on Thursday, which should be awesome if this match was anything to go by. Then there's 5 ODIs from Monday week, with the last one at Lord's, which should be an absolute thrill for all of the players, and great for the profile of the game. And the test finishes off the tour, running from the 10-13th July, so relatively parallel with the men's.

It's great timing for the tour, considering the publicity the World Twenty20's generated, and the form the two teams are in right now.

Series home here, but not much on it yet. Just details on fixtures.
That's a shame, hopefully they have more next time.

Thanks for the link.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
The T20 is also televised on Thursday by the way..its the curtain raiser to the Derbyshire-Lancs T20 and 2 of the ODI's will be televised as well.