• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Women's Twenty20 World Cup

Dydl

International Debutant
Yes they do. Obviously its not going to get anywhere near the level of attention of the mens tournament, but it hasn't even started yet.

Anyway, looks like an impressive warm up win for Australia today
Agree on both counts. Women's cricket is getting much more coverage now than it ever has before, and that can only be good for the game.

Seems like a pretty solid performance for us in the warm-up. Impressive performances from Poulton, Perry and Sthalekar in particular.

Shri

Mr. Glass
The English women's side apparently scored more runs in today's game - without losing a wicket. Stuart Broad's contingency plan of playing for the women's side in case of his men's side failure might not work.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Should be nailed on for the semis, not that we weren't before, but India were by far the best other side in the group, though Pakistan had a great One Day world cup.

Langeveldt

Soutie
It will be interesting to see the firepower of these girls........ I am not sure about the chances for India... but I go for India........and I am always with India only:)
To be honest, to have these Gayle like sixes, I think you'll need to import a few of these ladies

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
A crowd of 1750 today. Good on the ECB and Somerset for getting people in. Might even get a few more at the weekend.

Dydl

International Debutant
Sarah Taylor is the gunnest player.
Agreed, she is definitely one to watch for the future.

Very dominant win by England. Ten wicket triumphs not all that common in T20s.

Really looking forward to seeing how we go today. Hope we can put in a good showing.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Great start by the White Ferns.

Never heard of Sian Ruck, but she's having one top game thus far.

Dydl

International Debutant
Great start by the White Ferns.

Never heard of Sian Ruck, but she's having one top game thus far.
3/12 off her four, so not bad at all...

Reckon we pulled it back a bit at the end with Sthalekar playing very nicely there. Rest of our batting didn't do so well though. Should be an interesting chase either way.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yeah, the Aussies pulled it back really nicely. A good score in the end.

Should be a very interesting run chase.

Dydl

International Debutant
Watkins and Bates just too good... :(

Could have gone either way, but it's been a real classy innings by Watkins. It's a trivial matter now.

James

Cricket Web Owner
An upset on the cards in today's game?

West Indies going along very nicely against the Aussies: West Indies Women 119/5 (16.4/20 ov)

Dydl

International Debutant
An upset on the cards in today's game?

West Indies going along very nicely against the Aussies: West Indies Women 119/5 (16.4/20 ov)
Was a bit surprised when I saw that tbh, but we pulled it back nicely at the end. WI probably should have made a lot more of that position.

Sthalekar bowling very nicely, as always.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Was a bit surprised when I saw that tbh, but we pulled it back nicely at the end. WI probably should have made a lot more of that position.

Sthalekar bowling very nicely, as always.
Yeah likewise, finishing up on 134 is pretty disappointing, but still it's fairly decent.

Sthalekar is one great cricketer, seems to always do well. Haven't seen a big score from Rolton in a while, perhaps this could be her day.