• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - New Zealand, South Africa, Scotland

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealand - D1
South Africa - D2
Scotland

Fixtures

Sat, June 6th
New Zealand vs Scotland - The Oval

Sun, June 7th
RSA vs Scotland - The Oval

Tue, June 9th
New Zealand vs RSA - Lord's, D/N

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
1.South Africa
2. Newzealand

not discounting newzealand off
but i think south Africa 'll beat newzealand

dossa

Cricket Spectator
South Africa should win with New Zealand playing very well also. Scotland will probably die.

Howsie

International Captain
I'm picking the Kiwi's to make the final for this years 20/20 world cup, they have a very good team.

Players like McCullum, Taylor, Ryder, Guptill, and Oram are all very good limited overs batsmen. The bowlers aren't too bad either, with the likes of Vettori, Mills who is very underrated and also Iain O'Brien.

Can't see South Africa beating them.

Or Scotland :huh:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Yeah rite but newzealand has always been an unfortunate team, loosing so many semi's
same is with south africa also
but it'll be hard for newzealand to reach final

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
We havent been unfortuante, we've just been **** when it matters.
Agreed, though Jayawardene played a blinder in the 07 ODI WC. Can't really see SA losing a match against either side unless Mcullum goes ballistic (possible but unlikely). Scotland to prove that they're a waste of a slot, would rather have seen Kenya in it.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed, though Jayawardene played a blinder in the 07 ODI WC. Can't really see SA losing a match against either side unless Mcullum goes ballistic (possible but unlikely). Scotland to prove that they're a waste of a slot, would rather have seen Kenya in it.

Kenya hev been setting new lows in T20 rather than being much good at it.
:laugh:

:laugh:

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
not sure if Gavin Hamilton goes mad against NZ....I have seen him play some good innings.. If one such good innings come against NZ or SAF .. then Scotland will never be discounted

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Considering how appalling they were at the recent qualifiers for the next world cup, I doubt Scotland will do too much. Gavin Hamilton seems an ulikely candidate to go beserk, he's not John Davidson.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Hamilton of today is possibly the most ill-suited player to the format that has ever existed. Neil McCallum's the one to watch out for, although their bowling is miles better than their batting.

Kenya lost to all three successful Associates in qualifying so as andruid says, it would be unlikely that they'd put up as good a fight as Scotland will.

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm gonna go against the norm and say New Zealand to win both matches, South Africa to pwn Scotland and buck their ideas up in the Super 8's to get to the final.

I like NZ and hope Ryder and Taylor especially have good tournaments.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
4 wins in 4 for the kiwis, good signs for them in that vettori and taylor are doing well. Styris and Mcullum doing well too, though Ryder's a little bit of a concern for them.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
We'll get raped.

We've gone so far backwards in the last 4 years it's unreal. From being the leading associate side in 2005 to only just maintaining our ODI status by the skin of our teeth.

I can't claim to follow Scottish cricket in any great depth, but if you compare our fortunes to those of Ireland since 2005 it's clear that something's going quite wrong at the top in Scottish cricket.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
We'll get raped.

We've gone so far backwards in the last 4 years it's unreal. From being the leading associate side in 2005 to only just maintaining our ODI status by the skin of our teeth.

I can't claim to follow Scottish cricket in any great depth, but if you compare our fortunes to those of Ireland since 2005 it's clear that something's going quite wrong at the top in Scottish cricket.
Just reading a number of articles and I cant believe what a mess Scotish cricket is in. They were neeeaaarrly there and then they seem to have fallen away when they needed to take just one more step of progress.

The recent Hamilton/Blain incident is both an example of the Scottish mess and embarassing.

Inny Binny

Cricket Spectator
Good, the nz game is on at 9am GMT so 9pm local time, be able to watch it at a good hour. :)

Hope we don't see a disaster like the England game, though Scotland don't seem to be nearly as inspired.