• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - New Zealand, South Africa, Scotland

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Most people found that farcical too tbf.
Yep, me too. Can live with shortened games in series etc, but in a WC would like to see full-length contests. I'm assuming Aus-WI are playing a full game, couldn't we just have shortened both to 15 overs aside instead of having one full and the other silly?

Brilliant bowling this!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep, me too. Can live with shortened games in series etc, but in a WC would like to see full-length contests. I'm assuming Aus-WI are playing a full game, couldn't we just have shortened both to 15 overs aside instead of having one full and the other silly?

Brilliant bowling this!
Had the same issues in the IPL when rain ruined the earlier games. Crazy how they can't find some compromise.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ah I thought you may be referring to Ponting, but wasn't sure if you were trying to make a point as that was the only way India were going to win a World Cup.
Yeah I can see how it might have come across like that but I wasn't actually having a dig at India at all.

Haha yeah. Came back to bite him when they were humbled over 4 Tests though.
Yeah that's what made it so damn funny. The only plus-side to Australia losing that series IMO. :p

pasag

RTDAS
The no-balls don't suprise me, associates tend too have much, much higher levels of no-balls from what I've seen.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ryan Watson in MOTM performanceeeeeeee
I didn't even know he bowled offies until I saw him in the warmup match against England. He's always bowled medium pace to my knowledge; this must have been something he's specifically worked on for Twenty20 cricket.