• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - New Zealand, South Africa, Scotland

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Some of you Kiwis need to HTFU. Knew the rules for shortened games before you came to England. If you didn't like it you needn't have bothered.
Horrible post.

Just because you enjoy the format being shortened to the point where my mum and her bingo friends could win an international match doesn't mean everyone should.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
When the fielding restrictions go it should help.

This is your best chance Scotland. :(

pasag

RTDAS
How long is Vetorri out for? And surely Mills comes in for O'Brien for the next game? Oram needs to find some form pretty quickly as well.

2freddie

Cricket Spectator
Scotland have got a hell of a chance here to claim a win but the kiwis are going good with brendon doing the job!

Smith

Banned
Two tight overs and the match is out of grasp for NZ. And two more 15 runs overs and match is gone for Scotland as well.

Better to determine the outcome via toss and play a benefit game for the crowd.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sorry thought this was the twenty twenty WC not the couple of balls and we'll see how we go cup. So dire.
Have seen plenty of shortened games in the ODI WC tbf, like the final!

Love T20 but agree that it does get a bit silly once it gets any shorter. I think 20 overs is the optimum length for what the game tries to achieve, playing 7 overs actually makes some of the criticisms of the format ring a bit truer - ie it's just a smashabout

and there falls a wicket, NZ should have this wrapped up soon enough though

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No point; just thought your post was a good thing to bring up that stupid Ponting quote in reply to. It always gives me a chuckle. :p
Ah I thought you may be referring to Ponting, but wasn't sure if you were trying to make a point as that was the only way India were going to win a World Cup.

I think he was probably correct, but just a tool for saying it :p