• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - New Zealand, South Africa, Scotland

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Newzealand need 90 from 7 Overs
tough isn't it?
No matter what bowling attack fielding side has
1 good over for fielding side & game over
last 3 balls went without scoring so for me momentum is with Newzealand
but i don't want to say that they'll win easily
but best of luck to them

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Some of you Kiwis need to HTFU. Knew the rules for shortened games before you came to England. If you didn't like it you needn't have bothered.
Oh, do **** off. We do know the rules, and if we lose, we'll cop it, but - as non-Kiwis who have even the slightest hint of appreciation for genuine cricket have noted on this thread - 7 overs aside is just silly. So hop down from your pedestal, tough guy.

Howsie

International Captain
This is how the NZ chase will go:

McCullum will walk around the crease, miss a few and get out.

Ryder will make 3-4 of about 6-7

Taylor out playing across the line

Game Over.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, thanks for that. I had a quick look on the Fox Sports channels and assumed they weren't covering it.
Taking the mickey? Check a few posts above yours. :p

So, so good to watch. For some reason, I couldn't care less about the farceness of a 7 overs each contest. Just so entertaining.

If there is a team you'd want to score at 13 an over, you'd pick New Zealand. But meh. C'mon Scotland!

Athlai

Not Terrible
Some of you Kiwis need to HTFU. Knew the rules for shortened games before you came to England. If you didn't like it you needn't have bothered.
Sorry thought this was the twenty twenty WC not the couple of balls and we'll see how we go cup. So dire.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Great last over from Butler, but too many of his confreres seemed to be bowling length. One has to ask, why? Surely full the way to go?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Taking the mickey? Check a few posts above yours. :p
I saw his post (and replied) just before I saw yours. Thanks anyway though. :p

For some reason, I couldn't care less about the farceness of a 7 overs each contest. Just so entertaining.
Yeah, agreed. Although, that's probably because I feel the same about this tournament in general. I'll probably watch every game and I'm sure I'll enjoy it immensely, but I'm not taking the results seriously at all.

Smith

Banned
:laugh: Seems like Kiwis and Englishmen can drink at the same pub tonight. :mellow:

Unless a miracle happens