Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Group C - Australia, Sri Lanka, West Indies

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Thats simply due to the fact that since beating WI 5-0. The ODI side has been hit by alot of injuries. Once all are fit Australia still has the best ODI side, with India very close.
    Who's not fit?

EDIT: Had a look, you're talking arse I'm afraid. The only player from the side that won the last ODI in the West Indies who isn't currently fit is Shaun Marsh.
    Last edited by Uppercut; 09-06-2009 at 09:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Who's not fit?

EDIT: Had a look, you're talking arse I'm afraid. The only player from the side that won the last ODI in the West Indies who isn't currently fit is Shaun Marsh.
    What?. Look at the injury woes/players needing rest, AUS had in the home ODI summer & tour to SA/UAE. The likes of Lee, Watson, Symonds, Ponting, Johnson. Thus as the new players came in, they didn't settle 100% which lead to poor ODI performaces.

Banned
    Thats simply due to the fact that since beating WI 5-0. The ODI side has been hit by alot of injuries. Once all are fit Australia still has the best ODI side, with India very close.
    That excuse is available for all teams right? Not just the Aussies. Anyway as of now, SA is clearly No.1 in ODIs, followed by India and then Australia.

Banned
    What?. Look at the injury woes/players needing rest, AUS had in the home ODI summer & tour to SA/UAE. The likes of Lee, Watson, Symonds, Ponting, Johnson. Thus as the new players came in, they didn't settle 100% which lead to poor ODI performaces.
    If they don't have the bench strength to replace a few injured guys, then they in my books are not simply no.1.

Besides if you are talking about how Ponting, Johnson etc need rest, the entire Indian contingent has played double the cricket that these guys have in the last 2 months.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Bull SA are overrated in ODI, best Test team sure but not ODI. They lack the bowling.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Banned
    Bull SA are overrated in ODI, best Test team sure but not ODI. They lack the bowling.
    Except for the debacle in England, they have hardly put a feet wrong in the last few years as an ODI team. Definitely deserve the mantle of No.1 in ODIs. India is of course giving a valiant challenge.

Their ODI bowling is inexperienced rather than being total crap. I am sure Steyn who has underperformed so far in ODIs will come to the party sooner than later. Ntini is of course past it, but Parnell, Tsotsobe etc are good prospects. Morkel is iffy but still a force to reckon with. And overall, their batting is so good that it can erase a few deficits of it's own bowling.

Thats bull if you ask me their bowlers are above India in every way as far as I'm concerned.Really the only thing India might beat them in is batting which personally is a toss up.(India's looks better to me at the moment but their is a concern if their big hitters don't fire they will find it hard to scrap out a winning total).
    Quote Originally Posted by Death
    Dumb I told him"the serpent that never dies is dead I took her life three thousend years ago! the never ending battle has ended"

Awesome Test XI

Tillekeratne Dilshan
    Simon Katich
    Ricky Ponting (c)
    Michael Hussey
    Michael Clarke
    AB de Villiers
    Brad Haddin (k)
    Daniel Vettori
    Peter Siddle
    Dong Bollinger
    Ben Hilfenhaus

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jondavluc View Post
    Thats bull if you ask me their bowlers are above India in every way as far as I'm concerned.Really the only thing India might beat them in is batting which personally is a toss up.(India's looks better to me at the moment but their is a concern if their big hitters don't fire they will find it hard to scrap out a winning total).
    India's pacers maybe a notch below SA but their spinners, Harby and Ojha more than make up for it imo.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    India's pacers maybe a notch below SA but their spinners, Harby and Ojha more than make up for it imo.
    Hmm. South Africa have some excellent one-day spinners too now, don't forget.

Forgot about Ohja (I was thinking of patel and kumar who I have never rated). Not above by much I guess but still I wouldn't call south africa struggling with ball they I think have one of the most well rounded squads around as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by jondavluc; 09-06-2009 at 10:54 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Hmm. South Africa have some excellent one-day spinners too now, don't forget.
    In the league of Harbhajan and Ojha really?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jondavluc View Post
    not above by much I guess but still I wouldn't call south africa struggling with ball they I think have one of the most well rounded squads around as far as I'm concerned.
    Sure, that is precisely why they are deserving No.1 in ODIs. What is there to laugh about?

Sure, that is precisely why they are deserving No.1 in ODIs. What is there to laugh about?
    Ooops I have edited my post It should make a little more sense.

Sharma
    Zeek
    RP/Pathan/Sreesanth/Patel < weak link
    Ojha
    Harby

is better than the South African attack,

Except for the debacle in England, they have hardly put a feet wrong in the last few years as an ODI team. Definitely deserve the mantle of No.1 in ODIs. India is of course giving a valiant challenge.

Their ODI bowling is inexperienced rather than being total crap. I am sure Steyn who has underperformed so far in ODIs will come to the party sooner than later. Ntini is of course past it, but Parnell, Tsotsobe etc are good prospects. Morkel is iffy but still a force to reckon with. And overall, their batting is so good that it can erase a few deficits of it's own bowling.
    Steyn is a good striker but almost always going to be expensive.
    Parnell is world class.
    Kallis past it
    Morkel and co. are dire.
    Botha is alright but India's are better.

They were the best when Pollock was still there now they are just a bit behind India. India's batting is too good and at home they would be heavy favorites while away it'd be 50/50

Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread Information