• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - Australia, Sri Lanka, West Indies

shivfan

Banned
Oh please. Don't pretend you don't know the pattern. That is the same stupid attitude I'm talking about.
Right now, you should stay quiet, swallow and slowly digest all the licks that those bowlers are getting atm.

That's low standards. I don't care that they are already through, play your best team. Don't you think South Africa and New Zealand should've had that same attitude instead of fighting tooth and nail in that last match?
You can post such utter rubbish....
:laugh:
Personally, I think it's good idea to rest Gayle. These players need to learn how to play 20/20 cricket without him. If Gayle gets out for a duck on Friday or Saturday, they will need to do so. So, this will be good practice.

And for the record - I certainly won't listen to you telling me to stay quiet!

scorpiogal

U19 Debutant
You can post such utter rubbish....
Personally, I think it's good idea to rest Gayle. These players need to learn how to play 20/20 cricket without him. If Gayle gets out for a duck on Friday or Saturday, they will need to do so. So, this will be good practice.

And for the record - I certainly won't listen to you telling me to stay quiet!
But you're digesting the licks, right?

These players are internationals playing for their country. They shouldn't have to learn how to play without Gayle. What, does the coach have to wean them from their dummies as well?

What practice are they getting here? Learn how to get smashed to all corners of England in T/20 after getting smashed in tests and ODIs earlier.

shivfan

Banned
But you're digesting the licks, right?

These players are internationals playing for their country. They shouldn't have to learn how to play without Gayle. What, does the coach have to wean them from their dummies as well?

What practice are they getting here? Learn how to get smashed to all corners of England in T/20 after getting smashed in tests and ODIs earlier.
Gayle's a batsman more than a bowler....
8-)
Suppose Gayle gets out for a duck on Friday. What then? that's exactly why they need to learn to play without him, and what better way than in a game that doesn't matter one iota?

Also, if Gayle has a knock, Dyson has probably decided it's pointless risking him in a game that doesn't matter one hoot....

Sky's commentators had a similar nonsensical rant during the warmup game with England, when Gayle didn't play. And what happened after that? England lost to Holland, and the WI beat Australia....
:cool:
Personally, I don't mind who wins this match, becuase they've both already qualified, and I have a Sri Lankan dad!

scorpiogal

U19 Debutant
193 to win. No gayle for a freakish innings. They'll be beaten psychologically anyway and since some West indians are fine with a loss since they're already through, then I guess it's okay for them to be all out for, oh, i dunno...90.

scorpiogal

U19 Debutant
Gayle's a batsman more than a bowler....
8-)
Suppose Gayle gets out for a duck on Friday. What then? that's exactly why they need to learn to play without him, and what better way than in a game that doesn't matter one iota?

Also, if Gayle has a knock, Dyson has probably decided it's pointless risking him in a game that doesn't matter one hoot....

Sky's commentators had a similar nonsensical rant during the warmup game with England, when Gayle didn't play. And what happened after that? England lost to Holland, and the WI beat Australia....
:cool:
Personally, I don't mind who wins this match, becuase they've both already qualified, and I have a Sri Lankan dad!
Well I'm West Indian through and through. And I want a win or at least wanted a win.

If Gayle goes for a duck on Friday means they fail. He's the talisman, he's their Pietersen. The other guys can't do jack, anyway, with their complacent ****s.

And if Gayle goes for a duck is no surprise to any West Indian. Gayle for me is usually: big score, duck or <20. In true West indian fashion.

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Thought that was six. That is though.

Anyay per above, I agree with shivfan. No problem with Gayle resting. He's needed for the later rounds and this gives some of the other guys some batting practice.