• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - Australia, Sri Lanka, West Indies

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Look at the sour grapes by Australian fans in this forum. They will not win the Ashes with an overrated team that lacks class players and also respect for the opposition in general.
Read through the thread mate and count how many Aussies have shown sour grapes and then count how many have shown disappointment or annoyance at the selectors and performance.

Pretty sure you'll not find many sour grapes and there is no point dwelling over the lost for a long time.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sour Grapes :laugh::laugh:
Look at the sour grapes by Australian fans in this forum. They will not win the Ashes with an overrated team that lacks class players and also respect for the opposition in general.
I will never be able to hold T20 in the same stead as the other two forms of the game. I barely even realised the T20 WC was on, and only watched the WIndies game while playing poker with friends. Contrast this to my watching of every Aus game I could see in the 07 WC (which meant going to a friend's house to watch them on Fox) and watching nearly every ball of the 05 Ashes and you can see how much I really care about T20.

I think that T20 is a great way for the domestic game to shine, but in real cricket bowlers get a minimum of 10 overs to bowl per innings.

Really just made the "sour grapes" comment because it's how I feel. I would sacrifice every T20 WC win for even one ashes victory. Next time Aus should do the right thing and send our domestic players to the T20 WC. At least then we'd have some experienced T20 players playing and wouldn't risk injury to our players for the real forms of the game.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Haha what a shocker of a performance. Really didn't look like they were ever going to win. Mendis just owned them.

Smith

Banned
Watching the highlights, Ponting dismissal was a shocker. He was 2 feet outside leg stump while attempting that shot.

inbox24

International Debutant
How many mistakes can Hilditch and the selection panel make before they are sacked? And to add salt to the wound, they are not even full time selectors, just as our Test and ODI players are not taking T20s seriously.

Redbacks

International Captain
There is the generational lag in change over to consider. Our next crop of players will come through the system and perhaps play 3-8 years of Big Ba$h + some other T20 tournaments before making it to the national set up. You would think that when the next group filter through they will be much more adept to the new skill set required in T20.

andyc

Don't deserve to be there, come back when you show the format some respect.
This. Stayed up to watch it and was ****ing livid with the result. Can't believe that Ponting didn't know what went wrong; if you're not going to pick a proper bloody team, don't be surprised when you fail to come close to winning a game.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This. Stayed up to watch it and was ****ing livid with the result. Can't believe that Ponting didn't know what went wrong; if you're not going to pick a proper bloody team, don't be surprised when you fail to come close to winning a game.
Reckon the Aussies will dispute they didn't come close. They turned up to the ground on time which I'm sure they thought was all they needed to do to get the W. How were they to know the opposition wouldn't just roll over?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Does anyone know if Johnson is carrying an injury? He was bowling off a shortened run-up and not that quickly. And Ponting didn't even turn to him when he needed someone to bowl a good over, even though he was an over short on his quota.

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
I will never be able to hold T20 in the same stead as the other two forms of the game. I barely even realised the T20 WC was on, and only watched the WIndies game while playing poker with friends. Contrast this to my watching of every Aus game I could see in the 07 WC (which meant going to a friend's house to watch them on Fox) and watching nearly every ball of the 05 Ashes and you can see how much I really care about T20.

Whine - Made from the finest Sour Grapes

Athlai

Not Terrible
Isn't like Australia lost to Ireland or the Netherlands, they lost to two very good limited overs nations. Don't see what the big problem is.

(Besides Warner being a useless tosser, Athlai out)

duffer

Aye, not sure what the shame in losing to two legitimate LOI teams is. They picked a shoking lineup, star players didn't turn up and were soundly beaten. Losing to Holland is a completely different level of embarrasing.

jondavluc

State Regular

Reckon the Aussies will dispute they didn't come close. They turned up to the ground on time which I'm sure they thought was all they needed to do to get the W. How were they to know the opposition wouldn't just roll over?
Angry sports fans they get angry because they care.:laugh: