Cricket Player Manager
Page 34 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Group C - Australia, Sri Lanka, West Indies

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Well the Banga's outperformed the Windies in the last tournament so they should be seeded higher imo. Just bad luck imo. Every major tournament will have a stacked group somewhere.
    Yeah I know, and there's nothing that can be done about it, but still...
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Banned
    Heh, love the 'we're **** because we don't really care' attitude being used as an explanation here. If they don't care, maybe they should try and catch up with the rest of the world sometime soon because this format no matter what the haters say is going to be a big part of cricket's future for a long time. Ludicrous attitude for a so called powerhouse cricket nation to be taking.
    100% agree. I have no idea how the same people drum up ODIs and yet rubbish T20. For me, there is no huge difference between the two formats. Sour grapes obviously.

I might be stating the obvious. But since his debut match, Ponting has hardly set the T20I world on fire, has he not? I cannot fathom the reason for the selection of Clarke either. And Hopes too. Really perplexing.

Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    @ Ponting and Co.
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

Manager of South Australia (WCC)

Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    So, was my first ever chance to watch Australia live yesterday... and the atmosphere was something else. A good number of WI fans, lots of England fans quite happy to cheer against Australia, and a spattering of NZers who were orchestrating the whole lot into a something quite fun!

As is always the way when you get excited that you're finally going to see someone, they get out for a duck! So that was a shame that I didn't get to see Watto batting. But it was great to see him bowling. He didn't look that sharp but his action looked nice and fluent. It was also interesting in the warm-up that he was the first one out there bowling, and the last one to leave, so it looks like he's really working at things. The thing that was impressive though was that unlike Johnson and Lee, who just appeared to be wanging it down as fast as possible without any thought, Watson and Hopes looked like they were at least using their brains.

Anyway, the whole experience was brilliant. I can't wait for my next match on Friday!

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    So, was my first ever chance to watch Australia live yesterday... and the atmosphere was somthing else. A good number of WI fans, lots of England fans quite happy to cheer for Australia, and a spattering of NZers who were orchestrating the whole lot into a something quite fun!

As is always the way when you get excited that you're finally going to see someone, they get out for a duck! So that was a shame that I didn't get to see Watto batting. But it was great to see him bowling. He didn't look that sharp but his action looked nice and fluent. It was also interesting in the warm-up that he was the first one out there bowling, and the last one to leave, so it looks like he's really working at things. The thing that was impressive though was that unlike Johnson and Lee, who just appeared to be wanging it down as fast as possible without any thought, Watson and Hopes looked like they were at least using their brains.

Anyway, the whole experience was brilliant. I can't wait for my next match on Friday!
    Should be ****ing deported
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Should be ****ing deported
    Sorry, missed out the not. I've ammended the post!

Too distracted by the Grand Prix!

phew! Thought the country had truly hit rock bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    phew! Thought the country had truly hit rock bottom.
    Oh, definitely not. I'm not sure I've ever heard such booing at a cricket match as when Ponting came out to bat. I was actually quite surprised at how loud it was!

I don't think Ponting and co aren't taking this seriously enough. They're just not good enough. Full stop. And I could live with that far better than having a bunch that didn't care for the tournament, but had no qualms accepting payment for participation all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    Oh, definitely not. I'm not sure I've ever heard such booing at a cricket match as when Ponting came out to bat. I was actually quite surprised at how loud it was!
    Good to hear, there's no room for sportsmanship at this time

Heh, love the 'we're **** because we don't really care' attitude being used as an explanation here. If they don't care, maybe they should try and catch up with the rest of the world sometime soon because this format no matter what the haters say is going to be a big part of cricket's future for a long time. Ludicrous attitude for a so called powerhouse cricket nation to be taking.
    tbf, many of us have consistently said that we don't like T20 for several years now. Used to have the T20 Is Boring Society in my sig, but took it out after deciding it was getting too long, and that it was unnecessarily argumentative.

In all seriousness though, Australia probably needs T20 less than any other country in cricket. Tests do very well here, as do ODIs. India was probably the other country with no obvious need to "enhance its appeal", and T20 was indeed not very popular there until they won the first World Championship with a team stacked with young, engaging players.

We play so much cricket, its a recipe for failure to try and play every match at 100%. You need to take some down time and give some key players a rest. We've done it before in the Champions Trophy, and I hope we continue to do it during these apparently bi-annual T20 World Championships, if it helps us prevent burnout in important formats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

If Aussie players are not good at T20 Cricket then how come most of them have been the top performers in IPL ?

Australia are the Kolkata Knight Riders of international T20.
    Inappropriate signature.
    --Moderators

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    They need to beat SL and hope WI beat SL too, then the RRs won't count. I reckon Australia will do that, and storm into the finals. They have had poor starts in almost all the World cups, but rallied on when needed. They are champs not for nothing.
    Go Sri Lanka!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    If Aussie players are not good at T20 Cricket then how come most of them have been the top performers in IPL ?
    Check the current squad vs who even played IPL, let alone did well.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Page 34 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread Information