• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - Australia, Sri Lanka, West Indies

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL! Ponting clearly unhappy with Ian Bishop's question regarding having a Symonds hitter.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
This is the bad thing about T20s.

Always hate it when technically inept players like Gayle (although brilliant to watch when on the go), get runs so freely. Its soooo batsmen oriented.

Looking forward to Johnson & co roughing him up down under later this year...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I bet Australia wished they hadn't of sent Symonds home now. What a shalaking! It's no wonder Gayle only wants to play 20/20 - he's so good at it!

Still can't believe Hopes only got 2 overs when Lee goes for 56 off 4!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is the bad thing about T20s.

Always hate it when technically inept players like Gayle (although brilliant to watch when on the go), get runs so freely. Its soooo batsmen oriented.
Your point in general may be right, but Gayle is a ****ty example.

The guy:
a) has a very very fine ODI record
b) Has a ****ing 300 in test cricket.

Batsman who are 'technically inept' (I wouldn't say Gayle is in this category, but meh) are succeeding in all forms of the game because of flat tracks. Not just T20.

Hope you were bitching at test cricket when he triple tonned up!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, I think aussie has confused two different issues in all honesty. The first being that he doesn't like T20 being so batsman-oriented (a debate for another day in any case) and the second that he doesn't like specific players getting easy runs. The two aren't necessarily linked, though. Gayle was able to score the way he did because the bowling wasn't great.

pasag

RTDAS
Good point made by Brockley. Would Australia have even played Warner had Symonds not got sent home? The Bangladesh warm up indicates no. Shows how messed up Australian thinking is atm.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I bet Australia wished they hadn't of sent Symonds home now. What a shalaking! It's no wonder Gayle only wants to play 20/20 - he's so good at it!

Still can't believe Hopes only got 2 overs when Lee goes for 56 off 4!
The batting wasn't horrendous. The bowling was the problem.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Would you say it's fair to say that the thinking is quite similar to the way England were picking the ODI side a few years back, ie ignoring strengths in the format itself and picking pretty much the ODI side with a tweak here and there (in our case we were picking the Test side)?

gvenkat

State Captain
Yeah, I think aussie has confused two different issues in all honesty. The first being that he doesn't like T20 being so batsman-oriented (a debate for another day in any case) and the second that he doesn't like specific players getting easy runs. The two aren't necessarily linked, though. Gayle was able to score the way he did because the bowling wasn't great.
Aussie bowling sucks.. Now with Symonds out they just dont know waht to do... but i still think Aus and Wi will qualify Srilanka are a crappy team... IMO

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't worry Aussies will make it. SL will beat WIndies because recently they had got owned by SL bowlers. But Aus will beat the **** out of SL to et to 2nd round

gvenkat

State Captain
Don't worry Aussies will make it. SL will beat WIndies because recently they had got owned by SL bowlers. But Aus will beat the **** out of SL to et to 2nd round
If Jayasuriya does not fire.. Sri Lanka will be cooked... I dont see any one hitter in the SL lineup that can challenege the windies... Jayasuriya is the man...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Also the third, that Australia lost.