• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, England, Netherlands

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan - B1
England - B2
Netherlands

Fixtures

Friday, June 5th
England vs Netherlands - Lord's, D/N

Sun, June 7th
England vs Pak - The Oval, D/N

Tue, June 9th
Pak vs Netherlands - Lord's

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
England might struggle against Nannes and RTD.
His pace & bounce may also cause the Pakistani batsman some discomfort. They didn’t much face Dougy Bollinger and Nannes is a wee bit quicker than him. Good job the Lord's wicket is fairly placid. The Oval should have some zip though.

Shri

Mr. Glass
His pace & bounce may also cause the Pakistani batsman some discomfort. They didn’t much face Dougy Bollinger and Nannes is a wee bit quicker than him. Good job the Lord's wicket is fairly placid. The Oval should have some zip though.
I did'nt include any sub-continental team in my post because its an univeral truth that most batsmen from the sub-continent(Ind, Pak, Bangla, SL) are wobbly against genuine pace and bounce.:p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't think the Dutch quite have the depth to beat either of the test teams, but Nannes is a proven performer in this format so if he picks up a couple of early poles they could worry us or Pakistan. More likely us.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Netherlands should compete well, to expect them to knock off either Pakistan or England is a tall ask. Will be fantastic just to see RTD and Nannes compete against the internationals.

Can't see how the batsman will score greater than 120. Nannes will need to take 2-3 early wickets and cause some panic for the bowling attack to work.

Steulen

International Regular
The Dutch batting is fairly strong for an Associate side, but one of the big hitters will have to get lucky and get a good score in quick time. If not, they will indeed struggle to 120 or so. With the bowling of Nannes, RTD and Schiferli, that's 12 overs sorted. The remaining 8, to be bowled by the likes of Seelaar, Van Bunge and Bukhari, will be the troublesome part of the match.

Still expecting them to run England close; Pakistan must self-implode to have a chance against them, but that's of course not entirely unheard of. As long as it's not a rout, I'll be happy.

Last edited:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Well i've not seen netherlands play, so i don't know who doug bowlinger or nannes are
but if they've pace & they'll prepare a pitch which 'll 've pace & bounce(most likely they 'll in the match netherlands vs pakistan) Pakistan also has pace this time
Umer Gul is bowling at his peak, Sohail tanveer is handful, & Shoaib Akhter too
& i guess netherlands can't play Afridi, i know pitches 'll not spin, but Afridi doesn't spin the ball either :d
& England Vs netherlands, well easy victory for England
people are underestimating england
i can see them doing alot better, maybe they'll win it

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
:(
well i hope we've better bowlers than him, so that if a seeming pitch is made, we can compete

dossa

Cricket Spectator
I think England will win this group with Pakistan playing very well but not quite good enough. It will be quite interesting.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
again i would say if a bouncy track is made then yeah england can top the group
& most likely a bouncy track 'll be made cuz in 2006 ICC champions trophy every team playing against pakistan got home conditions
against srilanka it a spinning track, against newzealand & south africa bouncy tracks

in 2007 cricket world cup against westindies slow track, again ireland bouncy & grassy track & against zimbabwe slow track

in last T20 world cup, against scotland, grassy & wet pitch

so i guess against england & netherlands, it's going to be wet seeming pitches
but this time we've bowlers for that pitches
so lets see what happens
but if this time only for pakistan match this type of pitch is made, i guess Pakistan should not participate in any future tournament