• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, England, Netherlands

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How did England only gey 160-odd? Weren't they 1-90 off 9?

Loving Reekers here. Bat 12 overs son, you'll get your side home!
England were 100-0 after 11 overs. The two openers pretty much scored at about 10 an over once the field went back. The rest pissed about like it was a charity game.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England were 100-0 after 11 overs. The two openers pretty much scored at about 10 an over once the field went back. The rest pissed about like it was a charity game.
Well it might yet bite them on the arse.

Netherlands having a real crack here.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
are we in for an upset here?
60/2 from 7 overs
i know it's too early to say this, but is there any chance for this?
61/2 now after 7.1 overs

tooextracool

International Coach
With Rashid and Collingwood to bowl 8 overs between them, and Netherlands' main man still to come, I would think that England are underdogs for this one.

Chubb

International Regular
They could certainly win it. Zuiderant and de Grooth can set this up for ten Doeschaete to finish it. Damn it, cursed Baz there.

Scaly piscine

Netherlands looking faviourites for mine.
Would be if they were a genuine top 8 side.

Whatever happens I hope all the apologists for England keep quiet in future. If people accept this sort of piss poor (a)pathetic display then this is exactly what will keep happening. It's not like you've got a load of enigmatic genius type players here where you could understand it. If they're not being professional here then where else are they not being professional?

grecian

Well, tbh if that wicket makes people think that Rashid was a decent pick, then I'll despair.....

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I find it strange that RTD hasn't batted in the top 5. I know his form hasn't been great lately but surely you'd want to give him a chance to make a real impact on the game before it was too late.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
Picking a wrist spinner in this format of the game is a very very risky move unless they have the kind of control and more importantly the experience of a Warne or a Murali. Picking Rashid in this format of the game no matter what way you look at it is a joke.

stumpski

International Captain
Whats the story with De Grooth? Has he played 2nd XI county cricket, say? He looks distinctly useful.

Kweek should be on here tonight.