• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, England, Netherlands

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England getting their run rate down to near 8, even against minnows England's batting innings are always irritating to follow.

stumpski

International Captain
I know England are scoring at near 9 an over, but it feels like England are just pottering about.

Yeah, after 14 overs, should be at least 130.

There we go. Good decision from England to move Morgan up.
Don't disagree with that, but I think it would be a selfish mood for Collingwood to promote himself ahead of Key. Or would suggest he doesn't want the Kent man in the side.

pasag

RTDAS
If Key is only playing one game there's no point giving him time in the middle if it can go to someone else.

Should be out of Netherlands reach now unfortunately. Needed Nannes to take those early wickets.

Scaly piscine

Absolute ****. Give the spectators a refund. 100-0 after 11 overs to just piss about like this is a ****ing joke. Just settling for 1s and 2s, if they're not interested **** off back to County Cricket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If Key is only playing one game there's no point giving him time in the middle if it can go to someone else.
I reckon Pietersen's fitness is more of an issue than has been suggested TBH; it wouldn't surprised me to see Key play against Pakistan as well.

stumpski

International Captain
Fair play to the Dutch, regardless of the result they'll be pleased to have kept England down to under 170, which is now looking likely.

Scaly piscine

Fair play to the Dutch, regardless of the result they'll be pleased to have kept England down to under 170, which is now looking likely.
It's not the Dutch keeping England down. It's England doing it with NO intent whatsoever. They should be booed off the park for the way they've played in the last 9 overs.

It's one thing to try and not come off or not be good enough. But this is a disgrace.

grecian

Utterly underwhelmed by England, hopefully we'll be able to see some proper Twenty/20 tomorrow when are bunch of under-achievers ain't playing.

stumpski

International Captain
You don't think losing five wickets had something to do with that? Every batsman got out trying to force the pace.

So long as it's enough to win, I'm not too bothered tbh.

Scaly piscine

You don't think losing five wickets had something to do with that? Every batsman got out trying to force the pace.

So long as it's enough to win, I'm not too bothered tbh.
Which is exactly the sort of attitude which results in England being **** at sport.

The openers are excused because they were genuinely trying to score quickly. Shah particularly just pissed about. Morgan wasn't much better and Collingwood half hit one with 8 balls of the innings left. Key and Foster plodded about at the end. There was no urgency or intent. They were just going through the motions and patting their way to 162. People pay good money to watch this lot do their job properly.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How did England only gey 160-odd? Weren't they 1-90 off 9?

Loving Reekers here. Bat 12 overs son, you'll get your side home!