• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, England, Netherlands

King Pietersen

International Captain
It's got to be an injury. The mistake for me is bringing Key in. He's in woeful form, and we should have gone for the 3 frontline seamers + Dimi. Swann out as well, with Rashid playing as our spinner. I fear that we're resting them because we're playing the Netherlands. Could backfire badly.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Swann also out and Rashid in...
This could come back to haunt us.
Should still be too strong for the Netherlands though....
I did say "should".

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Is he(Pietersen) out cuz of injury or what?
i saw the line up, looks a bit weak, i would love to see this line up against Pakistan
why are they resting so many players?
That's not such a clever thing

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England chief medical officer, Nick Peirce, informs us that "Kevin [Pietersen] had been making excellent progress with the management of his right Achilles injury and had shown substantial improvement. However today he has experienced a degree of pain which medical assessments have suggested may be related to some aggravation from his lower back."

"I saw Kevin Pietersen at Lord's on Wednesday," says Sarah Robinson, "and during the warm ups, he was refereeing the football rather than playing and did completely different warm ups to everyone else." So there.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Been pissing down in Oxford for the best part of two hours. Wouldn't be surprised if D/L came into it tonight.

King Pietersen

International Captain
You mean you don't want to see Alesha Dixon jiggling about on stage for a few mins :-O

Edit: Damn, they've cancelled it. No Alesha :(

stumpski

International Captain
I hope the floodlights are working - don't see this one starting for another hour at least.

And apparently the opening ceremony has been cancelled. Shades of '99 already.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Win toss, bowl. Netherlands win it and Schiferli and Nannes have a big chance to do some major damage. England win it and Anderson and Sidebottom will be disappointed if they let the Oranges get to 100.

EDIT: Oh sweet, it's tossed and all. We have a match on our hands I reckon.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Seems that Rashid was actually picked over Swann, absolutely diabolical decision if true.

Match will be tight, England will make about 130 and Netherlands will get close and maybe get over the line if RTD has anything to do with it

King Pietersen

International Captain
Guess they've been listening to David Lloyd's warblings. 'ger 'a leg spinner in ya side'. Swann should definitely be playing.