• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, England, Netherlands

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
You can't be saying Pakistan are that bad now, really?
They can rise up to anything as in the last WC but it will be tough.

Pakistan are not bad at all, if Pakistan score something like 150, even if pakistan fast bowlers do nothing, spinerst'll be enough for the netherlands
Pakistan are too good for netherlands
i know some guys showing personal hate for Pakistan lol
but i hope we'll beat most of the sides
at least reach semi's

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Nah... Pakistan are a good cricket team but that does not mean they will always perform, and I hope they do
so you mean Australia are good team, means they'll not always perform well, india are good they'll not always perform well, same with srilanka, south africa, newzealand, england & westindies
so bangladesh or netherlands should win this time
rite?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
so you mean Australia are good team, means they'll not always perform well, india are good they'll not always perform well, same with srilanka, south africa, newzealand, england & westindies
so bangladesh or netherlands should win this time
rite?

If they score more runs than their oppositio, well yes but will they?

cricket_village

Cricket Spectator
Nannes and Bollinger are fantastic bowlers and they will test both England and Pakistan but don't expect them to qualify for the Super Eights. It's too tough for them to beat Last wold cup runners-up and team like Engalnd.

But one thing for sure that in both games we would see a close finish. This i can guarantee.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Nannes and Bollinger are fantastic bowlers and they will test both England and Pakistan but don't expect them to qualify for the Super Eights. It's too tough for them to beat Last wold cup runners-up and team like Engalnd.

But one thing for sure that in both games we would see a close finish. This i can guarantee.
******True, they might give Pakistan a surprise but let it first happen, then talk about it, but so many people here just want Pakistan to lose, that's a disrespect to a test playing nation that all trying to enforce that netherlands are better than Pakistan or england
same would be if everyone start saying that India 'll not reach super 8's & ireland & bangladesh 'll qualify, it'll be stupid thinking lol

World Cricket

Cricket Spectator
All this talk of Holland causing an upset seems rather far fetched for me. A couple of players don't make a side. You can tap the lesser bowlers around in twenty20 no problem.

My words might come back and bite me in the butt tho.

Come on England!

My Prediction: Pakistan will win the group

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
No Imran Nazir is a big loss for Pakistan, not too sure about Naved being a big loss these days. Razzaq's a big loss too, as is Farhat. Don't really rate Butt at T20, don't know who'll open with him either. Their bowling will be very strong though with Afridi, Tanvir and Gul. They're not as strong as last time, but will still probably win this group with ease.

England will be better than last time but don't expect win many more games. Their bowling is incredibly hittable at the top and at the death, in the middle overs in English conditions they might be decent. Batting basically lacks firepower throughout, Bopara may have improved but he's still no Sehwag, Warner, Smith, Gayle or Jayasuriya. Pietersen is still floundering in this format and hasn't really shown any signs of improving, I reckon Shah will be their top scorer for the tournament, Prior will be way out of his depth against the top sides.

Netherlands, Nannes is overrated IMO, RTD can't do that much, 2 losses, might damage the reputations of a few english batsmen in the opening game.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
No Imran Nazir is a big loss for Pakistan, not too sure about Naved being a big loss these days. Razzaq's a big loss too, as is Farhat. Don't really rate Butt at T20, don't know who'll open with him either. Their bowling will be very strong though with Afridi, Tanvir and Gul. They're not as strong as last time, but will still probably win this group with ease.

England will be better than last time but don't expect win many more games. Their bowling is incredibly hittable at the top and at the death, in the middle overs in English conditions they might be decent. Batting basically lacks firepower throughout, Bopara may have improved but he's still no Sehwag, Warner, Smith, Gayle or Jayasuriya. Pietersen is still floundering in this format and hasn't really shown any signs of improving, I reckon Shah will be their top scorer for the tournament, Prior will be way out of his depth against the top sides.

Netherlands, Nannes is overrated IMO, RTD can't do that much, 2 losses, might damage the reputations of a few english batsmen in the opening game.

*** yeah Imran Nazir is a big big big loss to Pakistan, cuz seeing the batting line up of Pakistan, there's no clean hard hitting batsman, butt is nothing, Ahmed Shehzad 'll open with him, who's nothing, it's sad to see whom did the selectors picked for the championship
but afterall i'll 've to support them, but really my city team is better than Pakistan XI

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All this talk of Holland causing an upset seems rather far fetched for me. A couple of players don't make a side. You can tap the lesser bowlers around in twenty20 no problem.
Well, that's the theory, but upsets have happened plenty before. Of course, it would be an upset, let's not forget that Pakistan are big favourites here. But it's not an easy game. It's actually quite an awkward situation for England and Pakistan because beating Netherlands over 20 overs is a tricky enough task but they'll get zero credit for doing it.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Well, that's the theory, but upsets have happened plenty before. Of course, it would be an upset, let's not forget that Pakistan are big favourites here. But it's not an easy game. It's actually quite an awkward situation for England and Pakistan because beating Netherlands over 20 overs is a tricky enough task but they'll get zero credit for doing it.
***** Agreed*****

Stapel

International Regular
REally, fir the Dutch to win a match, we need two miracles. Firtst to score more than 140 runs, than to keep an opponent under 140. Both seem pretty unlikely...

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
REally, fir the Dutch to win a match, we need two miracles. Firtst to score more than 140 runs, than to keep an opponent under 140. Both seem pretty unlikely...
For the Dutch to win a game they need to get very lucky and bowl a team out for 90.

I cant see then chasing anything over 100 to win. Associates tend to win when the opposition collapse, rather than score big themselves.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Bollinger was both dutch australian, even played county cricket on his dutch passport, but was picked for Australia eventually
Are you sure? I can't find any proof of this on the Internet. Sure you're not confusing him with Dirk Nannes, who played County Cricket for Middlesex on his Dutch Passport?

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
For the Dutch to win a game they need to get very lucky and bowl a team out for 90.

I cant see then chasing anything over 100 to win. Associates tend to win when the opposition collapse, rather than score big themselves.
Biggest threats will be spinners for Netherlands

Chubb

International Regular
Are you sure? I can't find any proof of this on the Internet. Sure you're not confusing him with Dirk Nannes, who played County Cricket for Middlesex on his Dutch Passport?
I am certain Bollinger played one unsuccessful season (his only season in county cricket) with Worcester as their overseas player, not on a Dutch passport. Though Kweek'd know more about Bollinger's eligibility for Holland than I do, he never played as an EU player in professional cricket.

Last edited: