• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, Bangladesh, Ireland

ret

International Debutant
India's most dangerous T20 player, YP, gets just 1 ball to play

In the end, India manages a decent score [against some stronger teams this may have been just about par on a pitch like this and dew factor] but it could have been much more with proper planing

Gambhir and Dhoni played like India was 40/3 or something at the end of power-plays

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pretty sick so body clock is all over the shop. Exams don't start till the 25th so pretty sweet there. When do yours start?
My first is the 12th, last is the 23rd. :(

Don't Monash normally end before Melb Uni?

ret

International Debutant
I don't have much confidence in Zak as a T20 bowler but let's see how he goes

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lift your game Zaheer, none of this ****.

Why is Irfan bowling the second over, rather than Ishant?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lift your game Zaheer, none of this ****.

Why is Irfan bowling the second over, rather than Ishant?
Because if it doesn't swing Irfan's pure fodder, whereas Ishant's useful with the ball in any state.

Batting second really looks like the option so far.

ret

International Debutant
you just need a couple of guys to get quick 30-40 to make a game out of this and BD bats deep

Uppercut

:laugh: @ Nass on the commentary.

"Clever batting from Bangladesh! Not going to go down the ground, he knows Pathan's only going to bowl darts."

Next ball tries to go down the ground and gets bowled.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:laugh: @ Nass on the commentary.

"Clever batting from Bangladesh! Not going to go down the ground, he knows Pathan's only going to bowl darts."

Next ball tries to go down the ground and gets bowled.
He probably expected him to toss one up after what happened the previous ball. Over-rating his armoury it seems. :p

Uppercut

He probably expected him to toss one up after what happened the previous ball. Over-rating his armoury it seems. :p
:laugh: Probably.

I reckon India have messed up by batting first. All three teams batting first so far have lost, and they've put their bowlers under pressure. On the other hand i'd fancy their top-class batting lineup to chase down anything really, especially against the Bangladesh attack.

R_D

International Debutant
If not for Dhoni and Gambhir's one day innings approach during the middle overs.... india would've goten close to 200 runs.
Anyway... i expect India's spinners to put the breaks on middle overs like the Bangladeshi ones.