• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, Bangladesh, Ireland

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I am getting totally pissed here. Bth Gambhir and Dhoni are accumulators not what we want now.

ret

International Debutant
Well if Yuvi, Raina and Yusuf click it will be ok, but why does Dhoni promote himself ahead of more talented players?
will they get enough balls to get in and then get going?

they should sent YP next as he looks to get going from ball 1. if he clicks Ind will get a good total, if not then they still have Raina and Yuvi

there is nothing in the pitch and if dew sets in then Indian bowlers will have a prob [unless BD throws it away]

ret

International Debutant
Dhoni goes .... would have preferred 80/2 after 9 than 112/2 in 15th

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I am getting totally pissed here. Bth Gambhir and Dhoni are accumulators not what we want now.
Yeah, gotta say I agree.

Gambhir's role is fine - his record suggests he's one of the best Twenty20 "achors" in the world. With him still there, though, Dhoni batting three just didn't make any sense.

R_D

International Debutant
Personally would've prefered Yusuf Pathan in ..... Yuvraj hasn't been in best of touch lately.

gvenkat

State Captain
Yeah, gotta say I agree.

Gambhir's role is fine - his record suggests he's one of the best Twenty20 "achors" in the world. With him still there, though, Dhoni batting three just didn't make any sense.
Crap cricket from India... I sense an upset... :@

Dissector

International Debutant
See this is what happens. You take it casually in the middle overs and though there are lots of wickets in hand it puts pressure on a new batsman in the last 5-6 overs. If instead Dhoni had gone for it in the middle overs either he would have pulled it off and boosted the run rate or gotten out and given the rest more overs to settle in. Right now India is floundering despite a very good start. Very poor planning here.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
This is what India is wasting here. It is not as if we lack hitters. Dhoni wants to 'protect' them.

Yeah Gambhir out!!!