• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, Bangladesh, Ireland

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
India - A1
Bangladesh – A2
Ireland

Fixtures

Sat, June 6th
India vs Bangladesh - Trent Bridge, D/N

Mon, June 8th
Ireland vs Bangladesh - Trent Bridge

Wed, June 10th
India vs Ireland - Trent Bridge, D/N

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lol, why does India get such an easy run?
Yeah I asked that in the Ireland thread; apparently it's because the draw was based on the last Twenty20 WC, where Bangladesh (and Scotland) finished ahead of the West Indies.

They based the groups on the last World Twenty20 results. That was

India
Pakistan
Australia
NZ
RSA
SL
England
Bangladesh
(Zimbabwe - pulled out)
Associate 1
West Indies
Associate 2
(Associate 3)

So 1 was paired with 8 and 9, 2 with 7 and 10, etc.

It's a tad stupid because

a) Associate 1 in 2007 was actually Scotland
b) Scotland were only ahead of WI in 2007 because a game got rained off

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Well i think India & ireland 'll go through
if pitch is swinging Bangladesh vs ireland, ireland 'll beat Bangladesh
so i think 1. india 2.Ireland

dossa

Cricket Spectator
India through no matter what, but tough between Bangladesh and Ireland. I might just edge in favour of Bangladesh by about 2 runs or 1 wicket.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
it'll depend upon pitch & weather conditions
cold conditions with moist in pitch
ireland 'll win easily
but if it's a flat pitch, offcourse bangladesh 'll make it easily

cricman

International 12th Man
Syed Rasel is going to be the X factor in this entire Competition. He's Healthy Again, His FC records in England are unheard of for a Bangladeshi and he's one of the best economical bowlers in T20.

If it Swings it'll play more into Bangladesh's hands, with Rasel in.

Mortaza, Rasel, Razzak, Shakib and R. Hossian (The Guy Murali Smashed) will make a very formidable bowling attack

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Syed Rasel is going to be the X factor in this entire Competition. He's Healthy Again, His FC records in England are unheard of for a Bangladeshi and he's one of the best economical bowlers in T20.

If it Swings it'll play more into Bangladesh's hands, with Rasel in.

Mortaza, Rasel, Razzak, Shakib and R. Hossian (The Guy Murali Smashed) will make a very formidable bowling attack
Can't possibly be true- Ireland are not only much more used to trying to swing the ball, but their batsmen are more accustomed to playing against it. You could say Bangladesh are favourites whether it swings or not, but it's definitely not a good thing from their perspective to see it hooping.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Presumably because they are champs?

Pak also has a relatively easy task.
I am wary of Bangladesh whenever they play us since the 2007 WC.
Me too, maybe they've got a 'easy group to prevent another debacle like in the 2007 WC when, people would just not let go of the fact that India and Pakistan went out early because they did ot play well enough then to qualify.

Hope if India play badly enough to actually lose to any one of these teams they man up about it.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Me too, maybe they've got a 'easy group to prevent another debacle like in the 2007 WC when, people would just not let go of the fact that India and Pakistan went out early because they did ot play well enough then to qualify.

Hope if India play badly enough to actually lose to any one of these teams they man up about it.
I understand your grievances against India, but rest assured India was and is man enough to accep when it loses. If this grouping was purposefully done to give India a free passage it would be because of ICC wanting to maximize its profit and not because of any whining from us.

masterblaster

International Captain
I am wary of Bangladesh whenever they play us since the 2007 WC.
AWTA.

This should be an easy run for India through to the semi finals, but it has the potential to be an absolute disaster. Especially as we are currently the defending World Champions. Hope we play some good cricket right from the start and qualify for the next stage comfortably.

cricket_village

Cricket Spectator
India is placed with the weekest team at Group Stage. But please focus on Super Eight group where they are placed with SouthAfrica, Australia and England. If all three teams qualify for Super Eight Stage.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
We may win we may lose but it is indeed great to be talked about as the favorite to win a world cup.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Well India rarely bring their A game when facing minnows in one day cricket so I'll be a bit nervous in both games. Can't really see Bangladesh beating us, their battery of left arm spin will struggle against Gambhir, Raina, Sharma, Dhoni and the brothers Pathan. However, if there's a bit of grass on the surface, Ireland could do to us what they did to Pakistan in the 07 Woolmergate match. I reckon Bangladesh Ireland will be actually be a really good match, cheap tickets might be worth a day out if you're nearby.

raja

Cricket Spectator
Well i think India & ireland 'll go through
if pitch is swinging Bangladesh vs ireland, ireland 'll beat Bangladesh
so i think 1. india 2.Ireland
India is not going to qualify for super eight. Bangladesh and Ireland will go from Group A. They will loose their first game against Bangladesh. And Ireland will beat them too. I will be very upset to see that. But that's the fact.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bangladesh are a decent T20 team and India will need to play well against them. Ireland are alright at it too. An upset here would be more likely than in an ODI. Still pretty unlikely though

raja

Cricket Spectator
Most of the indian players are already too tired

Bangladesh are a decent T20 team and India will need to play well against them. Ireland are alright at it too. An upset here would be more likely than in an ODI. Still pretty unlikely though
Most of the Indian players are already too tired by Playing IPL. So, they will loose both games and go back home.